This month, the Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club is celebrating with a backyard BBQ and my contribution is this mouthwatering delicious Clams Casino with Pancetta!
This recipe is the perfect one for your end of summer bash barbeque. Imagine your friends drooling over the elegant appetizer you brought to their party! You can basically prep these ahead of time and place under the broiler just before serving time to finish the recipe off.
Sarah, All Our Fingers in the Pie– Main- Backyard Barbeque Ribs
Jerry, A Life Lived – Soup/Salad - Farro Salad with Cherry Tomato, Onion, and Almonds
Sandi, Whistlestop Cafe – Lemon Caper Potato Salad Bites
Susan, The Spice Garden - Beverage/Appetizer- Paradise Cocktails and Seared Scallop Amuse Bouche
Val, More than Burnt Toast - Dessert – Summer Berry Medley with Limoncello and Mint
- ¾ cup finely diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 slice day old country white bread
- 1-½ tablespoon grated fresh parmigiana cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 36 littleneck clams, cleaned
- Lemon Wedges
- Over medium heat in medium sized skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pancetta until beings to brown, about 6 minutes. Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add bell pepper, shallots, and garlic and cook until tender. Set aside in a medium bowl.
- Process bread in food processor until crumbs are course, should measure about ¾ cup. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and black pepper to pancetta mixture. Stir until blended.
- Pre-heat boiler.
- Clean and shuck clams. Discard any with open shells. Top each clam with about 1 rounded teaspoon pancetta mixture. Broil 4 minutes, turn pan and broile additional 3 minutes or until tops are browned and clams are done. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Yield: 36 clams (12 servings, 3 clams each for appetizer)
Shelby, this looks delicious! My son loves clams...I've got to make this for him. Plus I love clams casino and pancetta too! Pinning and will SU too!
When my husband and I were dating, this was the appetizer that he ordered for me at a restaurant in Boston ... I will always have a soft spot in my heart for these half shells of romance!
Life Tastes Good
I love pancetta and this is such an impressive dish!
Yum, these look delicious! I love clams casino....
These really do look delicious Shelby. I need to create a dinner party just so that I can serve them to my quests.