Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Pie Coffeecake
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325. In large mixing bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in pumpkin, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add flour mixture to wet mixture gradually and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Divide batter between 2-9" round baking pans that have been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each cake with ¼ cup of candied walnuts. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake is set and a toothpick comes out dry when inserted in the center of the cake.
- When the cake is done, make the frosting. Place combined sugar and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook until sugar and butter is melted, stirring only occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes then add milk, vanilla, salt, and Karo syrup and boil another 1-2 minutes.
- The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from heat and stir until no longer bubbly, the frosting will be shiny and easy to pour.
- Drizzle evenly over both coffeecakes. Cool, cut, and enjoy!