Now, you know you want to make these Blueberry Coconut Muffins!
- for the muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-½ tablespoon almond milk
- ½ cup dried wild blueberries
- 1-½ tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- glaze: (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Soft together flour, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in Splenda.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients (through lemon juice) and whisk until combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened. Gently fold in dried blueberries. Spoon batter (about ¼ cup) into 10 spaces of them muffin tin. Fill empty cups of the muffin tin with water about half full to prevent the empty cups from becoming too hot and possibly burning.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes . Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest together. Dip tops of muffins in glaze. Sprinkle with coconut and lemon zest if desired.
Mustard is a favorite condiment of mine, especially on a Bratwurst.
I love lemon and blueberry together, and these look delicious Shelby!
These muffins look delicious! 🙂 So beautiful & I love the addition of coconut! VERY unique twist! Pinned & cheff'd!
Maggie Burgdorf Roush
I am a huge lemon fan and love the idea of including coconut, too!
so pleased you didn't miss out Shelby - you certainly came through in the end!
These muffins look absolutely mouth watering!
These muffins look great!
Kate | Food Babbles
Love these muffins! I adore the flavor combination here. And that pudding is a must try!
Oh Shelby - I can't wait to try the adaptations you made to those muffins! What a great idea! Thanks so much for your kind words - I love your blog!
Shelby, I love it when you are under the gun because you always make more than you need too and it's always good stuff. (No pressure or anything!). Both of these recipes look and sound delicious.
Beautiful muffins, Shelby! And I've got to try that pudding. Yum!
Wowsers, these look delish!! I down for lemon anything! Guess what? You were my April assignment. Pop over and see what I made from your blog!!!
Can't wait to try these, especially since I just bought some fresh lemons! Thanks so much for posting this yummylicious recipe.