I don't make kebabs often. That just may change now! When I made these, I made them knowing full well that Grumpy did not "like" kebabs. I'm not totally sure of his reason for not liking them, but something tells me it has something to do with the peppers on kebabs. He's not a big pepper fan. However, Grumpy ate these kebabs without complaint (his dad and stepmom were here. I tend to think he behaved pretty well for their benefit!
I served a Roasted Mushroom Quinoa and salad and bread with dipping oil. After we settled down for the evening, Grumpy asked me if there were any of "those kebabs" left over. I responded that that there were a couple and asked him if he would like them. According to Grumpy, they were very flavorful! I'll definitely not be afraid to make kebabs again since Grumpy enjoyed these and I'll definitely make them with this marinade again.
When it comes to the beef, I will only go with the best and that is Certified Angus Beef Brand®! Be sure to look for it at your local grocer. Not sure where to find it? Check out their locator on their website! I like to buy mine at our local Price Chopper. Last, but not least, if you are looking for a great marinade recipe, definitely try this one out!
Beef Sirloin and Bell Pepper Kebabs
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1-½ pounds boneless top sirloin steak trimmed of visible fat and cut into 2" chunks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- ⅛ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 large red onion chunked
- 1 red bell pepper chunked
- 1 yellow bell pepper chunked
- 1 orange bell pepper chunked
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Blend marinade ingredients together and toss in beef chunks. Refrigerate and marinade at least 6 hours. The longer the better!Alternate pieces of beef, peppers, and onion on skewers. Place skewers on hot grill and continue to marinade with sauce as skewers are grilling. Grill until meat is at desired doneness - 9-11 minutes for medium to medium rare and 11-13 minutes for medium to medium well. Transfer to a large plate and let rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.Note: Prep time includes only the cutting and mixing of ingredients. This does not include your marinade time. Please keep this in consideration when planning your meal.