This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias. Grilled Ham and Blue Cheese Sandwich was made for this shop.
This Grilled Ham and Blue Cheese Sandwich, made with only 6 ingredients, is full of flavor and texture. Start off with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Potato Bread, Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, and Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. Add crispy bacon, blue cheese, and peppery arugula to complement the sandwich!
Grumpy's very favorite bread is the Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Potato Bread. I can't say I blame him. It has that fresh baker's touch, hearty, and delicious. It holds together and melds well with all types of flavors. I also love that it is double wrapped for freshness!
When it comes to mayonnaise, the only way to go for us is Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. It is the absolute best and the only mayonnaise we will use. It was (and still is!) a staple in my mom's kitchen too! I remember mom baking bread and my dad right there at the table with a jar of Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and a knife, ready to spread some on a warm slice as soon as the bread came out of the oven! As an adult, I love using it as a very thin coating on the outside of my bread prior to grilling as well as on the inside, to make for a super tasty sandwich! I am really loving the unique squeeze bottle too. It’s perfect for getting just the right amount out to spread on your slice of bread.
Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunchmeat is my choice of sandwich meat. I love how the thin slices easily layer for your sandwiches but what I really love is there is no artificial flavors or by products in it. The slow roasted for hours, sweet honey taste contrasts so well with the tang and bite of blue cheese in this sandwich!
The crispy crunch of bacon and the peppery taste of arugula complete this sandwich. While Grumpy was skeptical about the flavor combination, he was happy that it turned out as well as it did! I guarantee this sandwich will satisfy all your senses and will become a comfort food favorite! I literally cannot wait to eat another one as I tell you about it!
Finding the ingredients for this sandwich is as easy as stopping at your local Walmart!
*If you made this Grilled Ham and Blue Cheese Sandwich, please give it a star rating*
Grilled Ham and Blue Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Potato Bread
- 4 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunch meat
- 2 slices cooked bacon strips
- Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup fresh arugula
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Place both slices of bread on griddle over medium to medium low heat, mayonnaise side down. Spread desired amount of mayonnaise on inside of sandwich slices. Sprinkle with blue cheese on bottom slice of bread.
- On top of bottom slice of bread, layer with 4 slices of ham, 2 slices of bacon, and ¼ cup arugula. Sprinkle top of arugula with a little more blue cheese if desired.
- Grill over medium low heat until slightly browned. When top slice of bread is golden, place on top of sandwich fillings to form sandwich.
- Remove from griddle and serve immediately.