Rhubarb Walnut Muffins
By adapted from allrecipes.com
- 2-½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plain almond milk
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1-½ cups diced fresh rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a glass 1 cup measure, mix together the canola oil, vinegar, sour cream, and almond milk until blended. Add vanilla and egg and whisk until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Fold in walnuts and rhubarb.
- Spoon into muffin liners. I use a large cookie scoop that measures a little over ¼ cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top of muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Note: My muffins took only 25 minutes to bake.
Yield: 20 muffins
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Rhubarb, Muffins, Breakfast, Walnut, Brunch