This is some yummy stuff.  So yummy that Grumpy ate what I would consider 4 big serving sizes for dinner tonight.  The amazing tihng about that?  It’s made with tofu and completely vegan.  I also didn’t serve anything else with it, so I can’t blame him for eating so much!  I mean, it IS good!

The recipe comes from Lauren Ulm’s Vegan Yum Yum Cookbook.  Its been a while since I have cooked from that cookbook, but there isn’t a thing from that book that doesn’t look delicious and isn’t a thing that I have made that isn’t good.  Its one of my very favorite cookbooks I own!  If your looking for  a healthy meal and like vegan dishes such as this one, then do, go ahead and make it!

Red and White Cauliflower Bake

Red Sauce:
1-14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, blended
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon vegetable better than boullion (or any vegetable broth powder/concentrate)

-Press tofu between heavy plates wrapped in paper towels to absorb moisture.
-Steam cauliflower.
-For red sauce, saute dried spices and garlic in olive oil 2-3 minutes.  Add blended tomatoes and simmer about 10 minutes.
-For white sauce, melt margarine, whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.  Add tahini, lemon juice, and almond milk, whisking constantly until flour mixture is smooth.  Pour over top of steamed cauliflower and toss to coat.  Set aside.
-For tofu, crumble pressed tofu and mix with lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, pepper, italian seasoning,

To assemble:

Press tofu mixture in bottom of square glass baking dish.  Top with cauliflower that has been tossed with white sauce.  Lastly, top with tomato sauce.  Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit at least 15 minutes to set.  Enjoy!

1. Pegasuslegend August 1, 2011 at 10:46 am - Reply

looks great reminds me tomato pie yum!

2. bellini August 1, 2011 at 11:31 am - Reply

The tofu is not the concern but this is a way that I would even eat cauliflower.I am a firm believer that we will eat everything if cooked in a way that we will enjoy!!

3. Kristen August 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness, Shelby. This is the most unique use of cauliflower I have seen! Delicious!

4. Georgia Pellegrini August 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Love how healthy this is, I would totally make it.

5. Pam August 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm - Reply

Oh Shelby, this looks and sounds really wonderful!

6. School Papers August 2, 2011 at 7:42 am - Reply

Your post include great detail of information so I will definitely share it with others.

7. teresa August 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm - Reply

this looks marvelous, i love cauliflower!

8. marla {family fresh cooking} August 3, 2011 at 2:35 am - Reply

This is such a great meatless meal!

9. Kathleen August 4, 2011 at 4:06 am - Reply

Love this!

10. megan @ whatmegansmaking August 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm - Reply

I've just learned to like cauliflower – this sounds like a great dish to try!

11. Nutmeg Nanny August 4, 2011 at 3:15 pm - Reply

I have never really cooked with tofu before…you make it look delicious!

12. Deborah August 7, 2011 at 3:52 am - Reply

What a unique dish!! I've actually never even had tofu before, but it's something I keep saying that I'm going to try!!

13. BuyWoWAccounts August 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm - Reply

I'm sure it's the red sauce that brings more flavor on this recipe. I'm a tomato lover 😀

Buy WoW Accounts

14. Megan's Cookin' August 8, 2011 at 4:36 am - Reply

This sounds awesome. I have never seen nutritional yeast flakes but I have never looked either.

15. LaPhemmePhoodie August 9, 2011 at 11:03 pm - Reply

I have yet to work with tofu but I'm definitely open to trying it. I'd probably eat multiple servings of this too. It looks delish!

16. Fahad Khan August 10, 2011 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Lovely!I am sure that this preparation tastes heavenly,the tahini would add an interesting edge to the white sauce,and roasting tomatoes would intensify their flavor.
    This recipe looks so amazing,I want to try!In any case,who says that only vegans can try vegan food?;-)
    P.S. I am happily following your blog,if you wish,do drop by mine,it is about food and drink too!:-)

17. teresa August 10, 2011 at 7:54 pm - Reply

oh yum! i love cauliflower, this looks soooo good!

18. Sierra Hawksley March 15, 2012 at 5:09 am - Reply

Mmmm, thanks for what is now one of my favorite recipes! I added layers of zucchini, spinach and basil in mine this time and it was heavenly. You can see how it turned out on my blog! http://www.owlwisdoms.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

19. Heather Tuite May 30, 2012 at 11:19 pm - Reply

Love this dish! We've made it at least 6 times in the last couple weeks. Being vegan and on a low calorie diet there's not a lot that I can have, let alone food that io can have that tastes good! Also, the tofu is really tasty with Cajun seasoning instead of Italian, and like juice instead of lemon.

20. Cherrie Wang August 2, 2012 at 7:50 am - Reply

World of Warcraft is so popular multiplayer online role-playing game that thousands of people register on battle.net. Some of them tend to buy an old wow account for starting their game, while others choose to start a new account by themselves. sell wow account

21. […] together meal and several of them ones that I have posted here throughout the years such as the Red & White Cauliflower Bake which Grumpy devours like crazy and I think its funny because its a tofu dish!  Because we are […]