This recipe for Garlic Scrambled Eggs is a recipe I grew up with. My mom would make this often. Sometimes for breakfast, other times for dinner. It is basically eggs scrambled with some garlic and seasonings with some chickpeas tossed in for good measure!
What is for breakfast in your house? In our house it is sometimes Blueberry Pancakes (for me). And, other times without blueberries, (for Grumpy). I might get adventurous and make them healthy, with different fruits, and sometimes I veer off the path of the cake and make Invisible Banana French Toast or these Waffled French Toast Sticks! However, this week, it was this scrambled egg recipe!
Kicking Mom's Garlic Scrambled Eggs up a Notch!
Maybe others have eaten Garlic Scrambled Eggs this way, but I haven't ever come across it online! With Easter being here this weekend, I thought what better way to think about breakfast than with eggs?!
I took my mom's recipe and doctored it up to suit my tastes more and this is what I came up with. Garlicky, slightly spicy goodness. Have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Have it in a wrap with a little salsa and call it good! If you try this, do let me know what you think!
How do you eat your eggs
Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Chickpeas are probably my favorite way to eat eggs. I grew up loving my Nanny's eggs fried in butter, but when I make them for myself, this flavor packed Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Chickpeas recipe is my favorite.
Other delicious family recipes for breakfast
The newest family recipe for breakfast that has become a favorite of mine, is a grain -free cereal recipe. Chunky Monkey Noatmeal is so delicious and filling!
We also love our breakfast muffins! Our favorites are Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Almond Joy Muffins, and To Die for Blueberry Muffins. However, my newest muffin obsession is this Paleo Pumpkin Muffin recipe!
*If you made this recipe for Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Chickpeas, please give it a star rating*
Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Chickpeas
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil until hot, fry drained chickpeas on medium heat with garlic powder an salt until they are hot and start to pop. Remove chickpeas from skillet and set aside.
- Pour beaten eggs into skillet and scramble until they are still slightly wet. Stir in chickpeas and cook another 30 seconds to bring back to temperature. Sprinkle with cilantro and roasted red peppers.
- If your feeling really adventurous you could sprinkle a few red pepper flakes into your oil. While this was a little spicy, I would have l liked a little more heat!