Peanut Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies are the best of it all! Fudgy brownies swirled with a peanut butter caramel and baked to perfection. Add to that a little bit of chocolate with sea salt and you have a piece of heaven that you likely will not want to share!

Peanut butter, caramel, chocolate with sea salt.  Pure fudgy goodness!  That is what these brownies are.
This chocolate is some of the best I have ever had….the dark chocolate with the sea salt…broken up into pieces and stirred into the brownie batter.
Peanut Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies
The peanut butter caramel sauce, so good I could just eat it with a spoon.  It would be really yummy on ice cream too.  I’m definitely making the peanut butter caramel sauce again!
Peanut Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies
The brownies made it to work today.  None of them made it home at the end of the day.
Peanut Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies
Go ahead.  I know you want to have one too.  They really aren’t hard to make at all.  Don’t let making the peanut butter caramel sauce scare you away!

Peanut Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Serves: 36
Ingredients
  • for the caramel sauce:
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1-3.5 oz Lindt Dark Chocolate Bar with Sea Salt, broken into pieces
Instructions
Make the Caramel Sauce:
  1. Bring the cream to a simmer over low heat in a small saucepan. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and cook without stirring until amber brown. Slowly whisk in the warm cream until smooth and let cook for 1 minute. When you stir the cream into the caramelized sugar, it will bubble furiously.  Don’t let this scare you, just keep stirring.  Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, corn syrup, sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool until thickened at room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Make the Brownies
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare 9 X 13 pan by lining with tinfoil.  Spray tinfoil with cooking spray.  set aside.
  2. In medium sized bowl, stir sugar into melted butter.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended.  Add vanilla extract.  Set aside.
  3. In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate.  Fold into wet ingredients.  Pour into 9X13 pan.  Drop 8 tablespoons peanut butter caramel on top of brownie batter.  Drag knife through batter and caramel to swirl.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Cool completely before cutting.

1. Flourchild February 4, 2011 at 2:01 am - Reply

These have to be the best things I've seen all day!! WOw do they look yummy! I have to make these asap!!

2. Jamie February 4, 2011 at 2:07 am - Reply

These look so good Shelby. What a fantastic combination. So making these soon!

3. Mads February 4, 2011 at 2:38 am - Reply

The sea salt ones are Delicious! I also sorta kinda love the chili pepper ones. Spicy sweet. mmm

4. Fallon February 4, 2011 at 4:18 am - Reply

I remember seeing this Throwdown on TV. Everything compliments each other, plus you had me at chocolate and peanut butter. 😉

I've seen the chocolate with sea salt at the store. Going to have to pick it up next time to try it out!

5. Amanda February 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm - Reply

ooo la la! YUmmo!!

6. teresa February 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm - Reply

oh my goodness, they look as good as they sound! i love that sea salt is making an appearance in these yummy treats!

7. Lynda February 4, 2011 at 9:17 pm - Reply

Oh my, I want to lick the screen, but I'll bookmark these instead-fantastic Shelby!

8. Tracey February 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm - Reply

That peanut butter caramel sauce sounds heavenly!

9. Jason's BBQ Adventures February 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm - Reply

Fabulous looking brownies. Love a good peanut butter caramel swirl!

10. Cookin' Canuck February 5, 2011 at 9:29 pm - Reply

What a great use for that Lindt. Nice combination of salt and sweet!

11. Tupper Cooks! February 5, 2011 at 10:47 pm - Reply

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh , I like them…………

12. marla February 6, 2011 at 12:47 am - Reply

These PB bars look awesome, I too love my chocolate with a dash of sea salt.

13. miss February 6, 2011 at 4:32 am - Reply

I've got to find some of that chocolate with sea salt. Chocolate & PB are my favorite and with carmel, oh my!

14. Flourchild February 7, 2011 at 2:12 am - Reply

Please check my blog out.I have a surprise for you!!!

15. Heather Davis February 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm - Reply

Wow! That's all….

16. 5 Star Foodie February 8, 2011 at 4:27 am - Reply

Such gooey delicious looking brownies! The combination of pb, caramel, chocolate, and sea salt is definitely a winning one!

17. Howe to Cook February 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm - Reply

These look heavenly! Peanut butter and caramel are 2 of my favorite things! Yum!

18. Anne February 10, 2011 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Okay that caramel peanut butter sauce sounds perfect (how to you resist eating it straight out of the pan?) I will have to grab a bar of that chocolate, the salt sounds amazing and now I want brownies!

19. Fahad Khan September 21, 2011 at 2:20 pm - Reply

So,I just commented on and went through your 'Quinoa Salad with Mango, Black Beans, and Cilantro Lime Dressing' recipe,and saw the link to this recipe appear on the right – there was no reason why would not I visit it!And there is no reason why these will not taste heavenly!Absolutely wonderful recipe,I love brownies,and with caramel,even better!
    P.S. Sharing this with my twitter followers!

20. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen October 30, 2011 at 12:09 am - Reply

These sound fabulous! Did you see Lindt is having a recipe contest? You might have a winner here!

21. Fahad Khan April 1, 2012 at 12:54 am - Reply

Hi!I visited this recipe September last year,and dropped by to let you know I made these!
    Very nice,adding bits of Lindt to the brownie batter made it even more chocolaty.
    I had some leftover Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce,so I diluted it with a little cream the next day(Since it had become much more thicker by then) and heated it,poured it over some vanilla ice-cream and made myself Brownie A La Mode – Heaven on a plate!

• honeyb April 1, 2012 at 1:03 am - Reply

Thank you for letting me know! I'm glad you enjoyed your heaven on a plate! 🙂