Thanks for visiting! If you like this post, please don’t forget to stumble!

I’m a copycat.  You know how it goes in the blog world….especially the food blog world.  You see what someone is making that is just awesome to you and you decide you have to make it too.  Heck, you might even have to post about it yourself.  You also can go in streaks where you cook from the same person’s blog one thing after another….I’ve had it happen to me with several blogs out there.  Today I made something else Katrina of Bakng with Boys made.  Yeah, I changed it a little, but not much.  But my, oh my, are these cookies ever good!

It was a long weekend for me.  We went back north, visited family and friends, I bought some cherished Jernabi Coffee, had dinner with the family at Little Italy, and made it home before the snow started to fall.  I did laundry, caught up on some of my reading, watched some TV and of course, made these cookies.  When I was mixing the batter Grumpy came to the kitchen and informed me that I wasn’t supposed to be baking because he needed to be on a diet.  Well duh, who said the cookies were for him?  ;o)  ha.  So, instead of throwing white chocolate in, I tossed in dark chocolate and then decided to top the cookies with some grey sea salt. Grumpy saw the dough in the fridge chilling and said “I thought you were making macadamia cookies?” Well, I said, I did make them.  I just threw in dark chocolate.  After a little grumbling I heard “well, just so you know, the dough is pretty good.”  He also promptly wanted to know what it was with the sea salt and although he made a big show of being Grumpy about it all, he still ate two – with me the whole time hollering at him to get out of the kitchen and leave “my” cookies alone.  Hey, he said it….he was dieting!  :-p

BTW, if any photos of me in my nightgown yelling at Grumpy to get out of my kitchen and away from my cookies show up on the internet….I will deny them to the max.  They won’t look like ME.  lol

To read Katrina’s story about her cookie venture, make sure you read her blog post on White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies.  Below is the recipe, from Katrina’s blog, which she got from Ashley’s blog eat me, delicious who got the original recipe from Bon Appetit!  See how we roll around here?  ;o)

Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies with Grey Sea Salt Sprinkles
I halved my recipe and have given you the measurements I used below.  This gave me about 2 dozen cookies.
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (yes, this is correct, not a typo)
1 large egg
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, roasted
Grey sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, macadamia nuts, and white chocolate chips.  Set aside.

In medium mixing bowl, with hand held mixer, blend butter and sugars together until creamy.  Add vanilla extract and egg.  Mix until blended.  Stir in flour mixture until no longer dry and crumbly.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours.  Scoop, shape, sprinkle with sea salt and bake 5-7 minutes or until just lightly browned.

Note – My cookies baked longer than Katrina’s but I believe mine are probably smaller than hers were.

1. Pegasuslegend February 21, 2011 at 11:37 pm - Reply

yum yum yum….my favorite

2. Deeba PAB February 22, 2011 at 1:13 am - Reply

YUM YUM YUM… I love the wave os macademia cookies sweeping the net. These are delicious ones!

3. Kathleen February 22, 2011 at 1:39 am - Reply

These look off the charts delicious!

4. vanillasugar February 22, 2011 at 1:45 am - Reply

how do you like the grey sea salt? i have yet to try it? what is the taste like? any difference?

5. Linda February 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm - Reply

I would never classify you as a copycat, because you take great pains to credit the person(s) who inspired you. 🙂

I like that there is a tablespoon of vanilla in this – IMHO you can never get enough vanilla!

6. bellini valli February 22, 2011 at 1:09 pm - Reply

The grey salt sprinkles do it for me!!!

7. Kristen February 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm - Reply

I love salt with sweet. Those cookies would disappear quickly in my house.

8. Brian @ howtobaker February 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Macadamia nuts and sea salt. Now that sounds like a great use for the sea salt I harvested last week. Though, I've never heard of grey sea salt. Being a newly born lover of different salts, I'll have to look into this one.

9. All That's Left Are The Crumbs February 22, 2011 at 6:06 pm - Reply

I like how you roll! I collect so many recipes from other blogs too that I am just dying to try. I think I may bake these with a little pink sea salt that I happen to have.

10. Mateja ^_^ February 22, 2011 at 10:24 pm - Reply

Love macadamia nuts and your cookies looks delish! Thank you for sharing 🙂

11. teresa February 23, 2011 at 12:17 am - Reply

oh so yummy! i love sweet and salty treats!

12. briarrose February 23, 2011 at 12:24 am - Reply

The salt sprinkled across the top is just perfection. These look so good.

13. miss February 23, 2011 at 2:49 am - Reply

This must be one outstanding cookie!

14. Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] February 23, 2011 at 9:57 am - Reply

We're all copycats, aren't we? But I'm proud to copy a good, trusted recipe 🙂 The cookies look awesome, I think I'm going to copy them from you too. Stumbled 🙂

15. Megan February 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm - Reply

These cookies are so tempting, just the title had me drooling!

16. Heather Christo February 23, 2011 at 8:55 pm - Reply

These look absolutely amazing- I love macadamia nuts and dark chocolate!

17. Amanda February 24, 2011 at 1:04 am - Reply

Ohhh fabulous combo Shelby, love them!!

18. ajcabuang04 February 26, 2011 at 9:06 pm - Reply

When I saw this I decided to make some Chocolate Macadamia cookies today!!! It's been a long time since I had them. Sooooo good!

19. The Mom Chef February 28, 2011 at 3:57 pm - Reply

Ah, these look fantastic, but I'd have to go back to the white chocolate version since I'm not a regular chocolate fan. I can easily eat around the chocolate bits in those delicious cookies though!

I'm still looking for those pictures that I'm sure are out there somewhere. 🙂

20. Anonymous November 2, 2019 at 2:19 pm - Reply