Thank you for visiting, if you like this post, please remember to Stumble!

What do you do when you have a snow day?  This morning I was watching The Ellen Show.  Grumpy and I both LOVE her show.  I’ve never seen him laugh harder than he did when she did her halloween episode and was scaring Amy to death in the haunted house!  Anyhow, she was talking about people with Mega Memory and how she was watching 60 Minutes where they talked to people with this Mega Memory.  Boy, do I ever wish I had mega memory (sometimes!).  I try to remember snow days when I was a kid and it is near impossible.  I remember playing in the snow though!  I also remember hot chocolate and marshallows when coming in from playing in the snow.  I remember better my kids playing in the snow and coming in for hot chocolate afterwards!

This morning, while waiting to find out if our office was opening late or closing, I was browsing Facebook.  I happen to be a “fan” of Dove Chocolate (no surprise, right?) and they posted this drink on their page with the comment “when the snow falls you’ll be happy to have this recipe on hand”.  I immediately “liked” that post and shared it with all my FB friends.  I also vowed, that since I was snowed in I was going to treat myself to this lucious looking beverage this afternoon.

This boozy drink has 3 of my very favorite ingredients.  Coffee, chocolate, and booze (and yes, in that order!)  Now, I am by no means a big boozer, but you might think so with the different beverages I made to help kill some of the heat last summer.  Now, in the snowy weather, I’m warming myself up with some….lol.  Seriously, I don’t do it everyday!

Dove recipe called for cognac, which I don’t have on hand and never do.  I also didn’t have the Dove chocolate I just bought at home – it is setting in my desk drawer at work.  So, I am here to let you know that while I am certain Dove chocolate is awesome in this drink – so are Hershey Bliss Chocolates.

Shelby’s Boozy Hot Chocolate Warm-up
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Ingredients
  • adapted from Dove Chocolate – Cafe Milano
  • 1 hot cup of your favorite coffee blend
  • 1 shot glass Baileys Irish Cream
  • 5 Hershey’s Bliss Chocolates
  • Whipped Cream
Instructions
  1. Brew coffee, pour 1 cup hot coffee in glass measuring cup.  Place 4 hershey bliss chocolates in hot beverage and stir to melt.  Pour in 1 shot glass (1 oz) Baileys Irish Cream liquor.  Pour into pretty mug (mine is Princess House and I LOVE it!).  Cover with whipped cream and chocolate shavings from 5th chocolate piece.  Enjoy!
  2. **Jernabi Coffee has since changed owners and I the information with the link is no longer relevant. I currently use Trader Joe’s coffee and grind it right at home!

1. Shelby January 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm - Reply

Oh yeah, if case you didn't figure it out – our office did close…therefore I am home ;o) he he.

2. Mags @ the Other Side of 50 January 12, 2011 at 9:15 pm - Reply

Wow…there is no part of that drink that doesn't call out to me. Perfect for a snowed-in day!

3. Kim - Liv Life January 12, 2011 at 9:17 pm - Reply

MMM!! Nicely done! I can seem me enjoying this after a nice 1/2 day of skiing (that's about all I'm good for!). Your pics make me feel like I can reach out and grab the cup. Just beautiful.
    We love Ellen too! I don't watch her show all that often, however we LOVED her appearance on So You Think YOu Can Dance during the last show of the season. She was phenomenal!

4. Shelby January 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm - Reply

Kim, funny you mention So you think you can dance with Ellen – she actually showed that segment on her show yesterday too!

5. megan January 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm - Reply

Wish I had one now! I make a similar drink…the only difference is I add kahlua to the mix 🙂

6. Cajun Chef Ryan January 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm - Reply

Shelby,
    I am keeping this one for the next time we have snow, which I am sure will be soon. We have had five snow and/or ice events already this year!

Bon appetit!
    CCR
    =:~)

7. Fallon January 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm - Reply

haha if I had a snow day I'd being drinking this with you Shelby!

8. Pegasuslegend January 13, 2011 at 12:39 am - Reply

A girl after my own heart! This is sensational!

9. Donna-FFW January 13, 2011 at 11:05 am - Reply

SOOOOOO my kind of drink., I will be trying it this way with the baileys!

I will email u later.. off to work.

10. CookiePie January 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm - Reply

What a perfect treat for a snowy day!!!

11. Michele O January 13, 2011 at 4:51 pm - Reply

This looks so good! Will have to try that brand of coffee.

12. teresa January 13, 2011 at 5:10 pm - Reply

oh heavenly! if this isn't the perfect way to enjoy a snow day, i don't know what is!

13. Lori January 15, 2011 at 2:16 am - Reply

Boozy hot chocolate. Can I have a sip of that?

14. spicediary.com January 16, 2011 at 11:48 pm - Reply

This looks DIVINE! It's still cold here in rainy Manchester, UK so will definitely be trying this recipe to warm me up.

15. Linda January 19, 2011 at 1:44 am - Reply

Shelby this is really appealing to me! Nice photos.

16. […] Boozy Hot Chocolate is made with chocolate candy, coffee, and Irish Cream […]