I seem to go in “kicks”. Sometimes its muffins. Sometimes its brownies. This time it’s noodles. I’ve made three noodle dishes in the last 3 weeks. Maybe I’ve had my fill after tonight. Maybe.

I’m really glad I made this recipe. It was full of flavor and even Grumpy liked it! I was a little afraid I was going to hear “you just made shrimp on Saturday….” but instead I heard, “I saw the spaghetti noodles and I got excited, I thought you were making spaghetti.” lol. Sigh. I can never win.

Longevity Noodles
Cooking Light Annual Recipes, 1999, page 118

1 tablespoon dry white wine or water
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon white pepper (I didn’t have white so I used black…don’t think it made a difference)
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
20 medium shrimp, peeld and deveined (about 1/2 pound)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushroom caps
1 cup diagonally sliced carrot
4 cups hot cooked whole wheat spaghetti (I used regular)
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (can you believe the only “white” vinegar I had was rice wine? I used that – didn’t seem to make it taste funny!)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 tablespoons minced green onions

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag, and marinate shrimp in refrigerator 15 minutes.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture, and saute 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in pasta, vinegar, and salt; cook 2 minutes o until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with minced onion. Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1-1/2 cups)

Calories: 333
Fat: 10.5
Fiber: 6.4
WW Points: 7

1. Meg February 26, 2009 at 2:54 am - Reply

What a delicious noodle dish! I love that it is light!

2. Elyse February 26, 2009 at 3:05 am - Reply

You’re so right: there’s something so addictingly comforting about a nice bowl of noodles. This looks delicious, and I’m a huge fan of shrimp–and ginger! Yum!

3. Reeni♥ February 26, 2009 at 3:12 am - Reply

I can never get enough noodles! Or shrimp! Looks delicious!

4. Megan February 26, 2009 at 3:47 am - Reply

I love shrimp and this looks great. And I think I have everything but the shrimp. I just live down the street from the fish market so maybe…O.K. probably!

5. Laura February 26, 2009 at 4:15 am - Reply

I’ve always wanted to try Longevity Noodles–maybe I’ll give this recipe a shot…

6. Melissa February 26, 2009 at 4:22 am - Reply

Wow! That really looks great! I am going to ask my mom to make this for me. 😉

7. Emily February 26, 2009 at 5:03 am - Reply

I’m not a huge shrimp fan, but this just looks yummy!!

8. Barbara Bakes February 26, 2009 at 5:23 am - Reply

I love noodle bowls. How nice that Grumpy liked it too!

9. Pam February 26, 2009 at 7:21 am - Reply

I love this dish!! Lower calories and so delicious. The pictures are making me hungry.

10. recipes2share February 26, 2009 at 11:31 am - Reply

Its lunchtime and this is making me drool!!

11. Bellini Valli February 26, 2009 at 12:29 pm - Reply

So much better as a change from spaghetti asnd meatballs. I know we agree on that one HoneyB:D

12. gail February 26, 2009 at 1:05 pm - Reply

Delicious, and fab pictures too 🙂

13. Priscilla February 26, 2009 at 1:40 pm - Reply

It looks so delicoius and yummy. So springy looking.

14. Gera @ SweetsFoods February 26, 2009 at 1:47 pm - Reply

Everybody must taste these longevity noodles, look delicious!
    Shelby better for the age LOL!

15. Jessie February 26, 2009 at 3:15 pm - Reply

wow, I love noodles too! this looks delicious and very filling too

16. Lynda February 26, 2009 at 4:12 pm - Reply

This looks so fresh and yummy! Beautiful picture too.I love noodles or any kind pasta and eat it often!

17. teresa February 26, 2009 at 4:19 pm - Reply

YUM! I love that you do WW recipes, I’m always on the lookout, this looks wonderful!

18. Allie February 26, 2009 at 4:23 pm - Reply

I like the idea of adding in some veggies like mushrooms and carrots, yummy!

19. The Hungry Mouse February 26, 2009 at 4:52 pm - Reply

Oh man, this looks great! (It’s like a half an hour til lunch, and I’m tempted to nibble on my laptop!)

+Jessie

20. Fearless Kitchen February 26, 2009 at 5:20 pm - Reply

This looks wonderful. I would have used rice vinegar too – it’s such a mellow flavor!.

21. Spryte February 26, 2009 at 6:25 pm - Reply

YUM! That looks delicious!

22. noble pig February 26, 2009 at 8:17 pm - Reply

Sounds good. The only difference rice wine vinegar would have made is that it is less acidic than other vinegars so the dish might have been more tangy otherwise.

Glad it turned out perfect.

23. Leslie February 26, 2009 at 8:50 pm - Reply

I love your Blog and I have been visiting for a while.. I just had to comment!

YOU ARE not old.. saw your comment on Fun Foods on a Budget and had to laugh! My oldest daughter was born in 1986. hahha

Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com

24. Sara February 26, 2009 at 8:51 pm - Reply

This looks like a great one to try. I love Cooking Light, I’ve had a lot of success with their recipes.

25. Katy February 26, 2009 at 9:19 pm - Reply

LOL about the noodle kick. I do the same thing with foods, too.

This looks delicious! And personally, I think your substitutions make it more Asian-like. I would’ve done the same thing, if that’s any kind of consolation LOL

26. pigpigscorner February 26, 2009 at 9:51 pm - Reply

I always crave for a huge bowl of noodles after work…looks really delicious!

27. Olga February 26, 2009 at 10:45 pm - Reply

This looks so good! Love the mushrooms.

Can related to being on a kick: I’ve made 3 dishes with beets in the last week 🙂

28. pepsakoy February 27, 2009 at 12:16 am - Reply

Looks so good..I’m very tempted to give it a try !

Thanks for sharing the recipe..

29. Shari@Whisk: a food blog February 27, 2009 at 1:21 am - Reply

I love the look of the shrimp in this dish — so plump and succulent. Looking forward to seeing your TWD submissions! WELCOME ABOARD.

30. Tangled Noodle February 27, 2009 at 4:27 am - Reply

I can never get enough of noodles! Everything about this looks great.

31. Creative One February 27, 2009 at 3:38 pm - Reply

This dish looks delicious. Your pictures are awesome!

32. Cookin'mama March 1, 2009 at 7:23 am - Reply

These look great! Thanks for posting nutrition and point info. Of course, I would have eyeballed it and said “two points”. Maybe that is why WW is not working as well as it should for me.:-)

33. […] recipe for Longevity Noodles with Shrimp is one of our favorites to enjoy in the new year. This is a simple and delicious recipe that will […]