Thank you for visiting! If you like this post, please don’t forget to stumble!

Blackberries were on sale this week.  However, one berry told me I wouldn’t be eating these alone.  They were not sweet enough for me.  So, I decided I would make a parfait.  I wanted high protein, low sugar, and yumminess.  🙂

I like to eat breakfast during the week, but not before I leave the house.  I may be up early, but I am never really ready to eat before 8 or 8:30.  This was easy to make and take and have after I arrived to the office.  I decided to go no carb….however I do love to sometimes put granola in my parfaits!  This time I decided not to because I was using ricotta cheese in my recipe and didn’t want to add more calories to the picture.

I have added the print feature….finally!  🙂  I know, it has taken me a long time to decide to do this but I never realized just how easy it would be and I thought I never had the time.  I will be updating the blog as I go along and creating printable recipes for my older posts, but from this point on all new posts will have printable recipes!  I hope you will enjoy 🙂

Blackberry Parfait
printable recipe

makes 2 servings
1/3 cup non-fat greek yogurt
1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
4 packets Splenda sweetener (or sugar if you prefer)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 pint blackberries, rinsed and gently patted dry with paper towl

Mix yogurt, ricotta cheese, Splenda, and almond extract together.  Layer blackberries and yogurt mixture alternately.  Chill, enjoy!

1. bellini April 14, 2011 at 11:14 am - Reply

I love this kind of breakfast. I can't wait for summer, even though Spring has only just begun only for the blackberries.

2. Dan April 14, 2011 at 11:55 am - Reply

My first look at the pictures was "berries and yogurt?"

then I read the recipe and wow – almond extract with ricotta. Oh yum!

3. vanillasugar April 14, 2011 at 2:48 pm - Reply

do you know that 2 years ago i couldn't stand blackberries? and now, i love them? isn't that weird? can't get enough of them lately.

4. briarrose April 14, 2011 at 6:23 pm - Reply

A non guilty parfait…I like it. 🙂

5. teresa April 15, 2011 at 2:26 am - Reply

this looks so healthy and delicious, wonderful!

6. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen April 15, 2011 at 10:52 am - Reply

Blackberries are so good and I'd bet your parfait was a delicious breakfast!

7. Bobby April 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm - Reply

This looks delicious. I love blackberries and can't wait to start making different desserts with them. I will have to give this a try.

8. Megan'sCookin' April 25, 2011 at 5:04 pm - Reply

I like the addition of the almond extract. I'm going to have to try that!