I never order sliders when I go out to eat.  I look at them all the time but then I end up not getting them.  Mainly because I’m not a huge burger person – but when I do want one, I want a small one….like a slider.  One.  Not 4 or 5 like you get with an order.

I also very rarely buy something for just me.  A few weeks ago though, that is just what I did….and I spent less than $10 to make myself happy.  lol

I’m a smaller more frequent eater.  I eat more often but not that much when I do eat – for the most part.  That is why sliders have such an appeal to me.  So when I saw that Boscov’s included the “As seen on TV” slider maker for only 5.99 – well I snatched it up!

What an awesome little gadget it is. I love how I could cook the little burgers right on my stove top and not have to flip them….and still get grill marks like I had grilled them outside. Even Grumpy was game and he had a plate full of them!  I love how perefectly sized they turn out.  This little gadget will get some use in my house!

Honeyb’s Sliders

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
salt
pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
Scoop burger out (be generous with the scoop).  If you don’t have a slider maker, you can use a large cookie scoop.  Place burgers in pan, place top on pan and press and cook over medium heat.  It only takes a few minutes so stay close by.
Assemble with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
P.S.  I had no ketchup!  I couldn’t believe it!!  So, I pulled out Grumpy’s 1000 Island dressing and used that to top.  Was yummy.  Made me think of Colleen’s Big Mac burger!
***Disclaimer – I am only talking about the slider maker because it is a product I myself bought and love.  I was not compensated in anyway for talking about this product.***

1. Pegasuslegend December 3, 2010 at 11:33 am - Reply

Interesting that yesterday hubby and I went to a lunch place and saw sliders on the menu, I never heard of them till you said it last week, then the menu now this. A cute little burger, even though I don't eat hamburger, I may have to try with my ground turkey and see how it is. Going to check out your new gadget too…havent seen that advertised. This looks really good and I love thousand island!

2. Mags @ the Other Side of 50 December 3, 2010 at 12:47 pm - Reply

I LOVE sliders! And I agree that one is enough to satisfy my craving for a burger. I need to get this gadget!

3. bellini valli December 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Well I do love sliders and anything to make them simpler is alright by me.

4. Jersey Girl Cooks December 3, 2010 at 1:44 pm - Reply

My family loves sliders! Yours looks great!

5. teresa December 4, 2010 at 2:38 am - Reply

i adore sliders, they seem to pack such a flavor punch, these look great!

6. Coleen's Recipes December 4, 2010 at 4:56 am - Reply

What a great post. I am definitely going to watch for the slider cooker!!

7. Lori December 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm - Reply

A tasty little bite! I love these kind of burgers.

8. Helene December 4, 2010 at 3:09 pm - Reply

I've never made slidders but that looks really good.

9. lapetitepancake December 5, 2010 at 1:05 am - Reply

I've never been one to order sliders either, but these look like a savory treat.
    Something my boyfriend would devour in a millisecond. haha

10. Tracy December 7, 2010 at 11:37 pm - Reply

I got that slider maker as a gift. I've only used it once. I need to pull it out again. Thanks for the reminder!

11. […] HoneyB’s Sliders […]

12. […] love pea salad served as a side dish to Firemen’s Chicken, Chili Cheese Dogs, or my favorite, Honeyb’s Slider recipe. It is a great salad for summer barbecues and […]