Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi is an easy weeknight meal you can have on your table in under 30 minutes! The lemon pepper and buttery citrus seasoning works perfectly with the shrimp and pasta combination!

Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, or a special seafood recipe to serve to your loved ones, this Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi is sure to be a pleaser! The shrimp quickly cooks up and is tossed with a lemony butter and garlic sauce coats both the shrimp and pasta.

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi in a serving bowl

Shrimp and Pasta – the perfect combination

We absolutely love our seafood and pasta dishes. The two blend together so well and when you add some garlic, butter, and lemon you get the perfect pasta dish!

I love finding various ways to serve up my seafood recipes. Two other recipe favorites of ours are Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Shrimp Broccoli Cavatappi . However, I have to say, that when it comes right down to it, the flavors in this particular recipe are classic and can’t be beat!

Getting a close up of Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi!

What you need to make this recipe

There are certain tools I never go without when making a pasta recipe. Whenever pasta is involved as an ingredient, the you can be certain I am also using garlic, lemon, and butter!

The one essential kitchen tools that I use over and over again are my Citrus reamer, small strainer, OXO liquid measuring cups, and my garlic press. These tools make my recipe making go much smoother and easier!

How to make Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi

This easy to make recipe starts with Orzo Pasta. Orzo is small rice-shaped pasta that works really well in dishes like this Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi.

The first thing I do is cook the pasta. It takes about 9 minutes once it has come to a boil. Once it is cooked, it should be drained, returned to the saucepan, and tossed with some salt and parsley.

Stirring the orzo in the cooking pot

While the pasta is cooking, the shrimp can be started. Add a tablespoon of butter and minced garlic to a skillet and bring the butter to a sizzle. Add the shrimp that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.

Raw shrimp in a hot skillet with butter

Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. When the shrimp is no longer opaque, remove from the skillet. Next, add another tablespoon of butter along with the minced garlic. Cook and stir the garlic for about 30-45 seconds. Then add the lemon juice.

pouring lemon juice into the butter and garlic in a hot skillet

Whisk the lemon juice into the butter garlic mixture and then return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat.

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi finishing in the skillet with the sauce

Once the shrimp has been returned to the pan, let it simmer about another 30 -60 seconds. Then, add the shrimp to the orzo pasta and toss to coat.

What to serve with Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi

Whenever serving a recipe like this scampi, it is always a good idea to have some bread on hand. One of my favorite recipes for bread is this Soft Homemade White Bread. It is so easy to make and so soft and delicious. Perfect for dipping into the garlic butter lemon sauce!

If your thinking about a dessert, then I love these Easy Lemon Cupcakes would be perfect! It keeps that citrus theme going I absolutely love the lemon buttercream frosting!

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi Pinnable Image

*If you made this Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi, please give it a star rating*

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Yield: 2 servings

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi

A pasta dish with bright and fresh citrus flavors

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
  • 12 ounces peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.

Instructions

1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.
  2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
  3. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan and add remaining shrimp to pan; saute 2 minutes or until almost done.
  4. Toss shrimp with Orzo, sprinkle with some more fresh parsley and serve.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

1/2 recipe

Amount Per Serving Calories 524Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 389mgSodium 2146mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 47g

Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. Donna-FFW January 22, 2010 at 12:19 pm - Reply

Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite dishes. I love the Ina Garten version, this one sounds quite tempting and I like thats its over rice.

I am thinking of you and hope he recovers quickly and without any pain. Fingers crossed for no surgery.XXOO

2. Jessie January 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm - Reply

wonderful shrimp scampi dish, I'm starting to love shrimp more now and this is one recipe I have to make soon.

It's great that Chris is recovering well, I hope he gets better without having get any surgery! you guys are in my thoughts 🙂

3. Bellini Valli January 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm - Reply

The shrimp dish looks amazing Shelby and it is Cooking Light:D I am also to happy yo hear your report on Chris. I hope he continues to be on the road to recovery….

4. Peter M January 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm - Reply

Seafood loves citrus…bright, light flavours, sweet & succulent shrimp.

5. Pam January 22, 2010 at 4:00 pm - Reply

This dish looks so pretty and tasty – yum, yum, yum.

6. Cinnamon-Girl♥ January 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm - Reply

I love shrimp too! This looks so bright and refreshing. All the best to your son.

7. Bridgett January 22, 2010 at 4:36 pm - Reply

Shrimp scampi over rice just sounds heavenly right now! Do you think anyone would notice if I made this for breakfast now? lol…yours looks delicious.

8. Megan January 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm - Reply

Ohhh, I love shrimp tooo. This sounds delicious!

9. teresa January 22, 2010 at 6:38 pm - Reply

oh this looks like a fantastic dinner! prayers and good thoughts to your son!

10. noble pig January 22, 2010 at 9:17 pm - Reply

I love shrimp too and it looks fabulous. Every day is a road to healing too!

11. Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog January 23, 2010 at 3:51 am - Reply

Lemony shrimp I adore this combination, definitively delicious 🙂

Have a great weekend,

Gera

12. Helene January 23, 2010 at 6:21 am - Reply

I hope he does not need surgery. We are thinking about him. Love that recipe!

13. Mags January 23, 2010 at 11:16 am - Reply

What a pretty looking dish!

Keeping your son and your family in my thoughts and prayers Shelby.

14. Robin Sue January 23, 2010 at 2:58 pm - Reply

I haven't made shrimp scampi in ages and have now added it to the dinner rotation. Can't wait to see your new design!

15. Fallon January 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm - Reply

Thank you for your banana recipe! I like the macadamia nuts and I actually have some of those on hand!!! Plus it is Cooking Light and I can have some too!! I'm very happy as you can tell 😉

Can't wait to see what sugar cookie recipe you have.

16. Free Samples January 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm - Reply

Wow! That looks simply amazing..awesome work like always 🙂

17. pigpigscorner January 23, 2010 at 8:38 pm - Reply

Love shrimps! So versatile and so tasty! Great combo.

18. Elizabeth January 23, 2010 at 11:38 pm - Reply

Yum! This is a delicious combination of flavors!

19. Ingrid January 24, 2010 at 4:22 am - Reply

Everyone except Babygirl loves shrimp so by all means bring on the shrimp dishes! I'll just broil some salmon for her and it's win win!

Hope Chris is better really soon!
    ~ingrid

20. Katie January 24, 2010 at 6:19 pm - Reply

I got a subscription to Cooking Light for Christmas, and every time I come to your site it makes me wish that it would just hurry up and get here!

21. Jamie January 24, 2010 at 11:38 pm - Reply

Shelby,
    I have been wanting to make this recipe for awhile. It's on my dinner menu for this week now. Thanks for sharing another great CL recipe.

22. Vickie LeBlanc January 25, 2010 at 12:48 am - Reply

Thanks for the update on Chris. With my fall on Friday afternoon, a fraction closer I would have broken my collarbone, darn it happens so fast.

I love any dish with shrimp and so does Dave.

23. Katy ~ January 25, 2010 at 9:59 am - Reply

Love shrimp scampi. It's one of the few ways I'll eat shrimp, so this looks especially YUM!!

24. Tangled Noodle January 26, 2010 at 8:19 pm - Reply

That looks so refreshing – perfect with a nice little salad and glass of wine. It actually makes me think of summer . . . [sigh]

All the best for Chris' quick recovery (without surgery!)

25. Miriah October 13, 2019 at 7:03 pm - Reply