Every year my mom makes Pecan Tassies to send to my brother out in Indianapolis. According to her, these are his favorites! I like them because they are like a miniature pecan pie. You get just enough of a bite to not feel like you have had too much sweet all at once like you might get with a pecan pie!
I know Steve checks my blog at times, but I don't know how regularly. But, I bet if he sees this he will let me know he did! If he's good to his sis, maybe she'll make him some when she's out there visiting right after Christmas 😉 However, for now, these that I made tonight are going to the soldier that Team Clarkson is sending goodies to this month for Baking Gals. I'll let you know more about the soldier in a future post!
- Tart dough
- ½ cup butter
- 1-3oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Beat the above ingredients together.
- In small mixer bowl beat together butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour. Cover and chill about 1 hour or till easy to handle. Shape into 1 inch balls. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 1-¾ inch muffin cups. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon filling. Bake at 325 oven for 25-30 minutes or till done. Cool slightly in pan. Remove and cool well.