Mom's recipe for this Scrambled Tofu is a delicious vegan breakfast idea that closely replicates the look and feel of real scrambled eggs. This tofu breakfast scramble is a low carb recipe that your family can enjoy for breakfast or dinner.
❤️ Why you'll love it
Plant-based protein: tofu is a vegan alternative to eggs that is low in carbs and offers 10 grams of protein in each half cup serving.
Healthy breakfast: scrambled tofu is a great way to incorporate protein, calcium, iron, manganese, and vitamin A in a vegan diet.
Quick and easy recipe: this recipe is ready in just 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases on affiliate links.
Please scroll to the bottom of this post for a printable recipe card with full instructions.
Tofu block: I prefer extra-firm tofu however, if you like a "softer" egg, use firm silken tofu. If using silken tofu, it does not need to be pressed.
Bouillon concentrate: this is a paste and will not need to be reconstituted.
- Heat the olive oil n a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and carrot to hot oil and saute until just soft.
- Add crumbled tofu, vegetable seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, to the onion mixture . Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up some to medium-high heat. Cook and stir tofu mixture for 3-4 minutes, allowing any excess moisture in the tofu to evaporate.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Flat head wooden spoon
Refrigerate: store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days
Freeze: is not recommended.
Reheat: gently warm leftover scrambled tofu in a nonstick skillet over medium heat or in the microwave, until warmed through.
- Stir in a tablespoon or two of nutritional yeast flakes to add a cheesy flavor to the tofu.
- If you like the taste of eggs, sprinkle lightly with kala namak (also known as Indian black salt) to add an eggy flavor to the tofu.
- Add your favorite vegetables to the tofu scramble.
- Stir in 1 cup black beans to boost protein and fiber.
- Use a potato masher to easily crumble tofu.
- If you do not have a tofu press, place paper tofu between paper towels and place a heavy skillet on top of the top paper towel for 15 minutes to squeeze any excess water from the tofu.
📚 Related Recipes
Avocado Toast with Smoked Salmon is a delicious pescatarian breakfast.
Garlic Scrambled Eggs with Chickpeas is a great way to boost protein.
These Tofu Burgers are great for lunch or dinner!
This is a delicious Marinated Tofu Salad recipe!
🍽 Serve with..
Serve tofu with a side of fresh fruit and breakfast potatoes.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Mom’s Scrambled Tofu
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound firm tofu , pressed and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons bouillon concentrate
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Sauté onion and carrot in oil until just soft. Add tofu, chicken seasoning, turmeric, onion and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up some to cook some of the water out of the tofu. Stirred and fried for about 2 minutes.