Coconut Lime Cheese Crepes with Brandied Cherry Topping -Ricotta lime cheese filling a homemade crepe and topped with a fresh cherry topping. A delicious dish to serve as a dessert or even a weekend brunch!
If there was one food I would not want to live without, it would be cheese, I grew up in a family of farmers and my dad was one of those farmers. Milk was essential to our life for nourishment and income and without milk, there would be no cheese. If you were to open my refrigerator, you would find copious amounts of cheese. I guess you can say the same about my freezer!
Looking for more inspiration and Wisconsin Cheese Recipes? Follow the #SundaySupper Pinterest Board!
- Basic Crepes for sweet filling:
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (or 2 tablespoons regular sugar)
- 1 cup flour
- Coconut Lime Ricotta Cream filling:
- 1-15 ounce container Low-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- ½ tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- Cherry Topping:
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and quartered
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Cherry-Cranberry Juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1-½ tablespoon sugar substitute
- Prep Ricotta filling by placing ricotta cheese in food processor along with lime zest, extracts, sugar substitute and milk. Process until smooth. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make Cherry Topping: place cranberry-cherry juice and cornstarch in saucepan and stir to combine. Add Cherries, cinnamon and sugar substitute. Stir and cook over medium heat until Cherries are thickened, About 7-10 minutes. If using this later, keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, heat in microwave about 30 seconds to remove chill.
- In a blender, combine all crepe ingredients and process for 4-5 seconds. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow bubbles to settle.
- Heat non-stick skillet and coat with cooking spray. Pour just a little less than ¼ cup batter in center of crepe pan and swirl to coat pan with batter. Cook over medium heat until crepe moved around in pan when giving it a swirl. Flip crepe and cook another 30 seconds. Transfer to wooden cutting board and allow to cool. Stack crepes with parchment paper between each crepe to make them easy to separate. Store uneaten crepes in refrigerator.
- To serve: Place 1 tablespoon ricotta filling on ¼ of crepe. Fold in half, then fold in half again. Top with 1 tablespoon cherry topping.