French toast fans will love this Blueberry French Toast Casserole recipe and it's the perfect brunch or breakfast recipe to serve on special occasions. Made with a crusty day old bread baked in a egg custard base sprinkled with fresh juicy blueberries.
This delicious easy french toast bake is the perfect recipe for Christmas morning, Easter, mother's day brunch, and summer time weekend breakfast gatherings.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ It's not too sweet and is made perfect with just a drizzle of maple syrup.
✔️ It gets nice and crusty on the top of the casserole and is custardy on the inside.
✔️ This easy breakfast recipe is made in one dish that can be made the night before and baked the next morning.
Stale bread, it can be french bread, challah bread, or italian bread all will work in this recipe.
Cream cheese, this is cut into cubes and scattered over top of the bread in the casserole dish
Pure maple syrup
Coarse sugar crystals (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Place ½ of bread cubes in bottom of prepared baking dishl. Add 1 cup blueberries to the casserole and evenly distribute the cream cheese cubes over top of the bread..
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon together until well blended. Pour ½ cup liquid over the bread cube mixture.
- Spread the remaining bread cubes in the casserole dish and cover with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil in oven 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coarse sugar crystals and bake another 10 minutes uncovered, until the top is golden brown. Serve with extra blueberries and pure maple syrup.
13-inch baking dish
Store leftovers in the fridge up to 4 days and in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Sprinkle the top of baked casserole with powdered sugar and lemon zest
- Make this casserole in individual portions using 4 ramekins in place of the large casserole dish
- Substitute brown sugar for the maple syrup
If making this french toast casserole recipe the night before to bake the next day, remove it from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about 20 minutes) before baking.
📚 Related Recipes
This Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding makes a delicious fall treat!
Try these Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Sliders for your next brunch dish.
A great recipe for fresh strawberries is this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast.
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this baked french toast recipe with pure maple syrup, your favorite fruits,
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Blueberry French Toast Casserole
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray individual oven safe bowls with cooking spray.
- Place ½ cup of bread crumbs in bottom of bowl. Add ¼ cup blueberries to each bowl and divide the cubed cream cheese between the bowls.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon together until well blended. This should make 1 cup of liquid. Pour ½ cup liquid over each bowl.
- Bake covered in oven 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes to brown top. Serve with extra blueberries and pure maple syrup.