This weight watchers donut recipe for chocolate baked pumpkin doughnuts is a delicious, easy to make recipe with only 2 ww points per serving. This healthier treat is great for snacking or dessert, and can be included as part of a brunch menu.
I am always looking for new recipes that will fit the weight watcher plan and unlike traditional doughnuts, these Chocolate doughnuts are baked instead of fried for a breakfast or dessert recipe the whole family can enjoy.
❤️ Why you'll love it
✔️ Two mini donuts equal 1 serving and have just 3 weight watchers points.
✔️ Unlike traditional donuts, they are not fried, but baked, for a healthier low fat version.
✔️ They make the perfect to satisfy the sweet tooth!
All purpose flour
Sugar free brown sugar
Baking powder, Baking soda, Salt for leavening and flavor
Cocoa powder is lower in fat than solid chocolate and adds great chocolate flavor
Pumpkin pie spice, to add to the pumpkin flavor
Fat free milk
Canned pumpkin puree
Apple cider vinegar
Sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the wells of mini doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Using a pastry bag, squeeze the batter into the donut ring. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from oven and cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Make the topping. Combine the chocolate chips and creamer in a small saucepan and heat in 30 second intervals in microwave until melted. Stirring every 30 seconds (this should only take 1 minute). Dip donuts into glaze, decorate with sprinkles and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- 2 Large egg whites can be substituted for the whole egg.
- Use sugar free pumpkin spice creamer in place of the half and half.
- Substitute unsweetened applesauce for the pumpkin puree.
- Make donut holes by using a mini muffin tin to bake the donuts and sprinkle with sugar free powdered sugar.
- Substitute ground cinnamon for the pumpkin pie spice.
- A ziploc bag works just as well as a pastry bag for piping the batter into the donut pans. Just fill a gallon sized bag with the batter and snip one corner from the bottom of the bag to pipe the batter.
📚 Related Recipes
Everyone loves these Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
Strawberry Baked Donuts are healthier and delicious.
You must try these baked Vanilla Cake Donuts!
🍽 Serve with...
Serve donuts with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @grumpyshoneybunch or #grumpyshoneybunch so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Weight Watchers Chocolate Baked Donuts
For the batter
For the chocolate topping
- 6 tablespoons sugar free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons fat free half and half