Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs recipe post was written as part of the Certified Angus Beef® brand influencer program in conjunction with Sunday Supper Movement. All opinions are my own.
Beef Kabobs are marinated in a sweet and spicy marinade, then grilled to perfection over a hot grill. Tender pieces of marinated steak are skewered and grilled with pineapple, sweet peppers, red onion and mushrooms. A great low carb recipe for your grill this summer!
If you are looking for a sweet and spicy marinade for steak, then this recipe is your one stop shop! We love grilled beef kabobs and this recipe is one of the tastiest summertime dinners!
Grilled Beef Kabobs for Dinner!
I am so addicted to that sweet heat flavor. The spice complements the sweetness and adds an element of delicious! That is why these Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs are on my grill every summer!
I was browsing the Certified Angus Beef brand website and I came across a recipe for Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs. I loved the pineapple in that recipe. And, while we are keto and low carb for the most part, I am willing to add a higher carb fruit to our diet once in a while. So, I kept this recipe low carb by changing it up some and using sugar-free sweeteners. Adding an element of spice to the marinade was something I just naturally do!
Cooking Beef with a Marinade
How long do you marinate the beef steak for?
The steak can be marinated at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Can you marinate beef steak for too long?
Yes, you can! Tha marinade only penetrates the outer edges of the meat. If marinated for too long, the meat can become mealy and mushy on the exterior without softening the interior at all. For a beef kabob, you should not marinate the beef longer than 4 hours.
Do I need to season the beef kabob after cooking?
The marinade is on the outer surface of the meat and provides flavoring to the outer layer. There is no need to season the meat again.
Step by step - easy and fast beef kabobs!
This recipe is so simple! You will need fresh pineapple pieces, button mushrooms, red bell pepper and red onion.
I recommend fresh pineapple because it will hold up on the grill better than a piece of canned pineapple. The meat will go in the marinade mixture and sit for at least 30 minutes.
Once the beef is done marinating, you will thread the fruit, veggies, and meat alternately onto your skewers.
Place the skewers on a hot grill and cook for 4-8 minutes or, until beef has reached desired doneness.
This recipe makes for a super colorful plate of food! It's so bright and festive and perfect for a light evening meal!
Marinating tips for beef
- I like to use a tender cut of meat for beef kabobs. Certified Angus Beef® brand sirloin steak or tips was my choice for this particular recipe.
- Use good skewers. Metal is great, but you can use wooden or bamboo skewers, just be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading your ingredients onto it.
- Use a marinade that give a great exterior kick of flavor! After all, that is what a marinade is for. They usually consists of fat (oil), acid (citrus), and flavorings (your choice of herbs and spices).
What to serve with Beef Kabobs
Whenever we kabob, it’s usually a party of sorts! Even if it is just Grumpy and me! I like to serve these Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs with a Strawberry Vodka Mojito. Then for dessert, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
If your looking for another great marinade to try on your beef kabobs, check out this recipe for Balsamic and Red Wine Steak Marinade!
Beef Kabobs with Sweet and Spicy Marinade
For the Marinade
- 3 tbsp Swerve Brown
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
For the Kabobs
- 2 lbs Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steak cut into 1 ¼-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into 1 ¼-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1 ¼-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1 ¼-inch cubes
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- Make the Marinade
- Whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, black bean chili sauce, minced garlic and brown sugar.
- Add beef cubes to marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Prepare and Grill the Beef Kabobs
- If using bamboo kabob skewers, soak in water overnight.
- Assemble kabobs alternating meat and vegetables as desired.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill 4 to 8 minutes for medium rare or until meat is at desired doneness.
- Be sure to rotate kabobs on the grill frequently.