It is that time of year when everyone is searching for Holiday Entertaining Recipe Ideas. Charcuterie boards seem to be all the rage this year and it's no surprise. After all, who doesn't love cheese, crackers, meats and wine? Today I am sharing with you items that I love to put on my Charcuterie board!
This post is intended for those 21+
Information on a getaway for 2 giveaway and offers at the end of post, be sure you don't miss it!
I am honored to announce that I am one of 16 bloggers hand selected by CK Mondavi to be one of their first CK Mondavi Ambassadors. For my first post, I am sharing with you some quick, easy, and tasty ideas for your holiday entertaining!
Justin and I met Janice Mondavi last June when attending the Food & Wine Conference in Orlando. It was an instant connection between moms who love their children and want to see the best for them no matter what path their life choices take them on. For us, family is the core of our beings. Within that core, also is the desire to entertain and feed those we love!
Feeding people is rooted deep in me and it was well inherited from my Nanny! I love to entertain no matter whether it's a big or small party. The first time I decided to do a holiday entertaining party with my sons I made a Brie cheese wheel baked in puff pastry. Justin & Chris were around 9 and 10 years old and I made it for Christmas Eve, served it with grapes and apples. They fell all over the stuff and to this day enjoy a pastry wrapped brie whenever it is around.
While Brie Cheese is awesome baked in a puff pastry, it is equally as awesome when just set out at room temperature and topped with fresh pomegranate seeds, roasted pistachios and drizzled with a little honey! So easy to assemble and even easier to eat! Just be sure to set the brie out at least 30 minutes before serving to bring it to room temperature.
This year I decided to experiment with Brie in a slightly different way and added dates, bacon, and balsamic glaze to the picture!
Grumpy, who is always on guard when I make something new, loved these dates! New winner for our next entertaining event! The only noise I heard was his nose sniffing the air as he walked into the kitchen looking to steal whatever was making that tempting aroma!
We could barely wait to try these and Grumpy loved them so much he told my friend Valerie that every piece she took from the tray was going to cost her a quarter!
While we love to have our cheese, crackers, wine and other small bites, we also love to have our sweet treats set out! One of my favorite recipes to make for gatherings are the Italian Christmas Cookies!
This cookie recipe will make a big batch of cookies. but I guarantee you will not have any trouble with them not disappearing before the night is over!
How do you entertain and what Holiday Entertaining Recipe Ideas do you have to share? Leave them in the comment section below, I would love to hear them!
Don't forget to check out the getaway giveaway below the recipe!
- Entertaining platter:
- [url href="https://presidentcheese.com/products/brie-cheese/president-brie-round/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"]President Brie[/url]
- [url href="https://presidentcheese.com/products/cheese-spreads/rondele-president-organic-garlic-herbs/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"]Rondele Spreadable Cheeses[/url]
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Assorted Crackers
- Fresh Fruit such as grapes, apples, cherries
- Bacon Wrapped Brie Stuffed Dates
- Balsamic Glaze (I buy bottled in the grocery store)
- Assorted variety of cured meats such as hard salami, soppressata, and prosciutto
- Assorted variety of CK Mondavi Wines (such as Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Scarlet Five)
- Bake the dates ahead of time. You will cut a small slice of brie, place inside the date, and wrap with ½ slice of bacon. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Broil on low 3-4 more minutes for a crispier exterior.
- Assemble your platters by placing product on a large serving tray or board. Top the Brie Round with Pomegranate Seeds, Roasted Pistachios, and drizzle with honey.
- Add Rondele Spreadable cheese with crackers and fruit. Feel free to add other cheeses for variety.
Enter to win a wine country weekend in Napa from CK Mondavi just text CKMONDAVI to 31279 by 12/31/16
I am a paid ambassador for CK Mondavi wines.
I am not compensated for my opinions of CK Mondavi and my absolute love of their family, values and wine is genuine.