Greek Sliders are mini burgers that are grilled, then topped with feta aioli and served on a whole wheat roll. Made with ground beef rather than the typical lamb, they are full of delicious greek flavors. This slider recipe is a great party appetizer to serve your guests. Or, serve them as a meal alongside a nice big Greek Salad!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating the recent release of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and we are sharing awesome recipes with you that maybe you would find at the wedding reception if not on their tables at home. Thank you to Nichole over at Casa de Crews for hosting this event this week!
I have a few great tips in my post today on how to make the perfect sized slider and a little tip on how to convert your regular dinner roll into a slider bun. There will also be links at the end of this post with many other Greek recipes for you to try, so be sure to read on!
If you found out that your marriage was not legal, would you do it all over again? No matter how mad Grumpy may make me or how frustrated I can be with him, I wouldn’t give him up for the world, so I guess the answer for me is a big resounding yes! Besides, we like the party aspect of the wedding too, so just another reason to have a great big ole party!
I love the bold flavors in Greek food but for some reason I don’t make it often. After today I will have so many recipes that are approved by Sunday Supper Tastemakers to try out that I will likely have a hard time deciding where to start.
I love fresh and bold flavors and the feta aioli adds just that to the slider. The raw garlic and lemon juice in this aioli brightens it up to give it a fresh zing. As a result, it pairs perfectly with the feta cheese and makes it a delicious match for the Greek Sliders!
The sliders, on the other hand, were like no other I have ever made before. I never would have thought of putting spinach in them. The original Greek Slider recipe came from Cooking Light and because Grumpy loves spinach, I thought why not try them out? I am so glad I did as they were moist and delicious little bites!
Not only were these Greek Sliders tasty, but they were so eye appealing! The color from the red pepper and spinach popped and the grilled red onion slices added another blast of color. Making this a happy looking appetizer!
What if you can’t find a slider roll in the store?
- If your having a hard time finding slider rolls, you can always buy the small dinner roll packages. I buy the whole wheat dinner rolls from Trader Joes. Or, the Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls would work also.
- Cut out the middle of the roll to make less bulk and reduce the height of the roll.
- Bonus: Those middles can become breadcrumbs to use in future dishes! Just dry them out in the oven on low heat, crumble, and store!
How to make the perfect sized Greek Slider
- The best way to get the perfect sized burger for a slider is to use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop! Just be sure that the cookie scoop is packed full of the meat mixture. And, don’t be skimpy!
- No cookie scoop? No problem. You can always use a 1/4 measuring cup.
- Pat the meat mixture together firmly, then shape with your hand around the edges of the burger. Give it a slight pressure toward the center of the burger to give height to your slider.
As you can see, it worked out perfectly. Just look at that beautiful slider! Good enough as an appetizer for any wedding. Eat a couple of them with a side salad and you have a meal!
A simple but delicious Vegetarian Greek appetizer. Puff Pastry filled with Feta Cheese, baked until golden brown!
An easy twist on a traditional Greek Spanakopita. This flavorful appetizer is perfect for your own big family gathering! No wedding required!
Buttery phyllo dough stuffed with mushrooms, olives and feta baked to shattering perfection.
I use Certified Angus Beef Brand for the #BestBeef flavor!
For the Aioli
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
For the Sliders
1/2 cup red onion slices
1 pound lean ground round
2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
11 whole wheat slider rolls
To make the Aioli:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine feta cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, black pepper and garlic. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make the Sliders:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground round, breadcrumbs, roasted bell peppers, fresh parsley, fresh oregano, salt, pepper, and spinach.
- Shape into 11 small burgers (slider sized = about 1/4 cup of meat mixture )
- Grill burgers until they are at desired degree of doneness.
To Assemble the Sliders:
- Toast slider rolls on grill if desired.
- Place slider on bottom half of slider roll.
- Top with Aioli.
Alternatively, you may cook the sliders in a mini slider burger press.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size 11 sliders
Amount Per Serving
Calories 175Total Fat 6gSodium 479mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 5gProtein 17g