Salted Chocolate Bourbon Praline Fudge is layered with a bourbon caramel filling and topped with some dark salted chocolate. For you chocolate lovers out there, this candy is a piece of heaven!
Growing up, one of my fondest memories, are the Saturday nights that mom would make buttery, salted popcorn (on the stove-top) and pair it with some homemade fudge. I remember sitting in the little wooden rocking chair in front of the TV, unashamedly sucking my thumb. Rocking and watching The Lawrence Welk Show. I know I'm admitting my age here as some of you reading this may wonder who on earth Lawrence Welk is!
Some Saturday nights Dad would be working 2nd shift and Mom would let us stay up with her and wait for Dad to get home. Those are the nights we got to see Green Acres. These are the memories that are brought to the forefront of my mind when I think about chocolate fudge. The kind that bring me comfort from the closeness of home, and the kind that make me think of Mom and how great she was to give us these memories.
Unlike my Mom, I'm not the most excellent old fashioned fudge maker. She never used confectioner sugar in her fudge. She made a boiled fudge with cocoa, sugar, milk, and vanilla and never really used a recipe. I remember her beating that fudge and teaching me that once it starts to lose its gloss, that was when it was time to get it in the pan. I'll never be the great fudge maker Mom is but I can fake it pretty good sometimes.
If you're like me, then this fudge will be the easiest and best one for you to make. Ever. I promise! You only bring the fudge part to a boil, then stir in confectioner's sugar. Voila. Fudge! This fudge is reminiscent of the Texas Sheet Cake Frosting that I make. So simple! For the Bourbon Caramel filling all you do is melt caramels with a little Bourbon and stir in pecan pieces and the topping is just melted dark chocolate with some gray sea salt sprinkles!
Salted Chocolate Bourbon Praline Fudge
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3-½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Gray Sea Salt optional
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa, granulated sugar and milk. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Pour into a 8-in. square dish lined with tinfoil.
- In microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and bourbon on high for 1-¼ minutes or until melted. Stir in pecan pieces; spread over chocolate layer. Microwave chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds or until melted; spread over caramel layer. Chill until firm.