A hot baked dip chock full of ground beef, jalapeños, bacon, and cheese comes together all in one skillet. It is quick and easy and makes this Cheesy Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburger Dip perfect for game day snacking!
Compensation was provided on behalf of Lipton® Recipe Secrets.
The recipe, photos, and opinions are my own.
My mind is always thinking "what can I create in the kitchen next"? I'm always in food mode, even when not hungry. When I think of something, I have to get it in writing so I don't forget! Luckily, when I thought of making this recipe for Cheesy Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburger Dip, it didn't take much to remember!
Thanks to Lipton® Recipe Secrets Onion I was able to put together this easy skillet recipe with just a few ingredients that were full of flavor for our game day feast! I love recipes that not only start in one dish but can finish in the same dish and still look pretty darn amazing when you pull it out of the oven.
When I assembled this dip, I first gathered together all my ingredients. I went with a young mahón cheese which is soft, sweet, and nutty. If you can't find this cheese in your market, then mozzarella would be a good substitute.
Next, I simmered the ground beef in a hot cast iron skillet. When the beef was brown, I drained the excess fat then stirred in the Lipton® Recipe Secrets Onion with ⅓ cup of water and turned the heat to low to allow the soup mix to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Next, I added in the softened cream cheese to the hot mixture and stirred it into the beef. The heat in the pan helped the cream cheese to melt and become creamy. I then added the remaining ingredients, topped with more mahón cheese, bacon, jalapeños, and fresh diced tomatoes and put the skillet in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until hot and cheesy good!
When I tested this recipe, I made a small portion for home first. The day I made it, I gave what there was to Grumpy. He gobbled it up and said to me "I'll take more." I swallowed a big gulp of air and my eyes grew wide. I didn't want to tell him but I had no choice because I didn't have more to give him! Needless to say, I'll be making this again for us to have at home! I took another batch to my Aunt's home for a family gathering and my cousin Ryan stood over the stove just eating the dip! I have a feeling a few people didn't even get to try it because he was "feeling it" with that dip.
What is your favorite one-dish recipe to make for game day? I'm pretty sure this one is going to be on our list for several parties to come!
Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- ¼ cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-½ cups shredded part skim mozzarella or cheese of your choice
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked and diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced into rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in hot skillet. Add jalapeno peppers and cook until meat is just barely red. Drain fat from pan. Stir in Lipton® Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix and water. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, mayonnaise, ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese, two slices of the bacon and ½ cup of the diced tomatoes until combined.
- Spread mixture out to cover bottom of skillet evenly. Top with remaining ¾ cup of cheese, bacon, tomatoes and jalapeno pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot with chips.