Decadent Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Drizzle area a not too sweet doughnut complemented with the two tone glaze giving it just enough sweetness and a look that says "your special" let's celebrate!
Celebration is the word of the day today. It is also the birthday of Isabel of Family Foodie and creator of the Sunday Supper Movement. Happy Birthday Isabel! Isabel is a born leader and it has been proven with her success of bringing food bloggers together in the Sunday Supper Movement which I am very proud to be a part of. Several of Isabel's friends and fellow bloggers are throwing a virtual birthday bash with all kinds of delicious and special recipes to make her birthday extra special! My contribution to her party are these Decadent Chocolate Doughnuts!
I don't know about you, but doughnuts, otherwise known to me as fry cakes are a very special treat. My favorite fry cake in the world is my Mom's. No matter how hard I have tried, I cannot replicate her yumminess in her fry cake. If you haven't seen my post I did a few years back with Mom, then you want to be sure to take a hop over and grab her doughnut recipe before you leave today!
I'm not sure I've ever had a birthday doughnut before, but I can tell you that I'm seriously thinking about making them for my own birthday this year. The white and chocolate drizzle make these doughnuts perfect for special occasions. I certainly hope Isabel will visually enjoy these today!
When I made these, I decided to forgo my doughnut cutter. I wanted the doughnuts to be bigger than the cutter would make them so I used my biscuit cutter instead. Then I used one of my big Wilton frosting tips to cut the doughnut hole out! It was so easy. So, if you don't have a doughnut cutter, never fear. You do not need one if you have Wilton frosting tips. You could also use a wide mouth glass to cut the doughnuts out if you don't have a biscuit cutter.
What special treat do you save for birthday celebrations? Be sure to check the posts out after the recipe to see what everyone else thought was a perfect birthday contribution for Isabel.
- Oil for frying (I use solid crisco)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- ⅓ cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large heavy bottom pot, add Crisco and melt until you have of 2 inches oil when melted. Heat to 360 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the nonfat yogurt, milk, and eggs. Add to the flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in a little more flour if needed so dough is not sticky. Roll to ¾-inch thickness. Using a doughnut cutter or biscuit cutter, cut out the doughnuts. If using a biscuit cutter, Use a 1-inch round cutter (such as the bottom of a large Wilton decorating tip) to cut out the center of each doughnut.
- Fry the doughnuts, in batches, for 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the white chocolate and 1 tablespoons milk. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth (about 1 minute total). Drizzle over the doughnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the dark chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoons milk. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth (about 1 minute total). Drizzle over the doughnuts.
Join me in celebrating Isabel's Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee's Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma's Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian