With the cooler weather hitting us, I feel the need for soups. When I came across a recipe for this noodle bowl on my recipes.com I knew I had to make it. I grabbed a 2-½ pound pork loin from Trader Joes. I love Trader Joe's meat selection and I have never had a pork roast from there that was not delicious!
I came home and immediately put the roast in my crockpot and slow cooked it for 4 hours on high, At the end of 4 hours it was perfect for pulling.
I used the 5-ingredient slow cooker pulled pork recipe on myrecipes.com for this recipe and it was perfect.
- 1 (8.8) ounce package thin rice noodles
- 1 package sliced baby portobello mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups 5-ingredient slow cooker pulled pork
- 1 cup angel hair coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- lime wedges
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil until moisture has released and mushrooms begin to brown slightly. Add pulled pork and cook until pork is warmed.
- While sauteing mushrooms, add ginger to chicken broth and bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- To serve, divide noodles between 4 bowls. Place ⅛ cup coleslaw on top of noodles, then place mushroom and pork mixture on top of coleslaw.
- Pour 1-½ cup of chicken broth over each noodle bowl. Top with green onions and cilantro leaves and squeeze with lime juice if desired.