Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl
Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl
I really love an Asian Noodle Soup and this Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl was no exception! A slow cooked Pulled Pork seasoned with oregano, salt, red pepper and chicken broth brings great flavor to the meat that is added to this Noodle Bowl!

With the cooler weather hitting us, I feel the need for soups. When I came across a recipe for this noodle bowl on my recipes.com I knew I had to make it. I grabbed a 2-1/2 pound pork loin from Trader Joes. I love Trader Joe’s meat selection and I have never had a pork roast from there that was not delicious!

Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl

I came home and immediately put the roast in my crockpot and slow cooked it for 4 hours on high, At the end of 4 hours it was perfect for pulling.

Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl
Grumpy loved this Pulled Pork Noodle Bowl. Another favorite of his is the Spicy Asian Chicken Soup. If your looking for simple and tasty, you will want to make this asap!
 slightly adapted from myrecipes.com

I used the 5-ingredient slow cooker pulled pork recipe on myrecipes.com for this recipe and it was perfect.

Pulled Pork Noodle Bowls
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Serves: 4 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 (8.8) ounce package thin rice noodles
  • 1 package sliced baby portobello mushrooms (8 ounces)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 cups 5-ingredient slow cooker pulled pork
  • 1 cup angel hair coleslaw mix
  • 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
  • lime wedges
Instructions
  1. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
  2. Saute mushrooms in olive oil until moisture has released and mushrooms begin to brown slightly. Add pulled pork and cook until pork is warmed.
  3. While sauteing mushrooms, add ginger to chicken broth and bring chicken broth to a simmer.
  4. To serve, divide noodles between 4 bowls. Place 1/8 cup coleslaw on top of noodles, then place mushroom and pork mixture on top of coleslaw.
  5. Pour 1-1/2 cup of chicken broth over each noodle bowl. Top with green onions and cilantro leaves and squeeze with lime juice if desired.

1. Sherri Jo October 13, 2014 at 9:57 am - Reply

oh man that looks good! I love Asian noodle soups so much… I want to come to your place for dinner 🙂

2. Judy Chiappini October 13, 2014 at 10:14 am - Reply

Looks perfect for a nice cool day!

3. honeyb October 13, 2014 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Yum! I want that right now, first thing this morning. We haven't turned the heat on yet and it's cold in here. AND, this is gluten free!

4. Pam October 13, 2014 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Oh Wow Shelby, this is an incredible bowl of yumminess. I love soup especially this time of the year.

5. The Food Hunter October 13, 2014 at 3:07 pm - Reply

This is making me very hungry

6. Patsy K October 13, 2014 at 4:28 pm - Reply

This looks incredible and so perfect for the cooler weather we are starting to get here.

7. marye October 13, 2014 at 6:13 pm - Reply

Yes please! Yum that looks delish!

8. Sarah Olson October 13, 2014 at 8:32 pm - Reply

This sounds great. I love that you cooked the pork in the slow cooker. I've got to try this.

9. Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry! October 14, 2014 at 12:14 am - Reply

This looks really easy and tasty. Now I am in the mood for some soup! Think I will try to make this next weekend!

10. Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads October 14, 2014 at 12:23 am - Reply

I'm on such an Asian recipe kick lately! I know we would love this! Thanks for sharing!

11. Renee Paj October 14, 2014 at 12:39 am - Reply

This sounds so very delicious. I have seen pulled pork, already cooked but with no sauce in my store. I could use that and make a super easy supper! Wonderful photos too!

12. Life Tastes Good October 14, 2014 at 1:54 am - Reply

Pork is probably my most favorite protein! I have wanted to make a bowl type meal like this. Your recipe looks like a great place to start! I know Don would LOVE to see this on the table! Thanks for sharing!

13. Erica S (EricasRecipes.com) October 14, 2014 at 10:46 am - Reply

Yum this looks so comforting but light and fresh at the same time! Love the hint of lime – very pretty pics too!

14. Anonymous October 11, 2019 at 2:43 pm - Reply