This Roasted Delicata Squash with Srirachi Maple Glaze recipe was made possible by Frieda’s Specialty Produce. I received product to sample from Frieda’s with no obligation to post. The thoughts and opinions expressed are soley my own.
Roasted Delicata Squash with Srirachi Maple Glaze - a buttery, creamy squash heighted with the heat of srirachi and sweetness of maple
Grumpy and I have found a new squash to add to our favorites!  This was so good that between the two of us we ate almost every bite.  I hoarded a little to pack for lunch today and that’s exactly what I will do if Grumpy didn’t sneak in the fridge after I was sleeping to finish it off!
This squash is very reminicent of butternut squash however, you don’t have to peel it to eat it so its much easier to make!  Its creamy and buttery and sweet.  I decided to make a srirachi maple glaze to help caramelize and give it a little bit of a heat punch and amplify the sweetness of the squash.   I will definitely not pass over this squash in the store again!
Have you ever tried Delicata Squash before?  How do you cook yours?  Inquiring minds want to know!
Roasted Delicata Squash with Srirachi Maple Glaze
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4-6 servings
Ingredients
  • 2 Delicata Squash, washed, cut in half, and seeds scooped out
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha
  • 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
  • salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Slice squash into slices and lay on a metal cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil.
  3. Brush with Sriracha Maple Sauce on top side and bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Flip squash onto opposite side and re-glaze with sauce. The bottoms of your first side should be caramel brown.
  5. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender (or toothsome!).
  6. If there is any glaze left over, feel free to brush the baked squash with glaze prior to serving.

1. Catherine September 22, 2014 at 4:48 pm - Reply

A beautiful side dish; perfect for the fall season. Blessings,Catherine

2. Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads September 22, 2014 at 9:02 pm - Reply

This looks fantastic! Love the combo of flavors! So perfect for fall!

3. Renee Paj September 23, 2014 at 2:02 am - Reply

Roasted Delicata squash is so good. I bet it was double good with that glaze!!

4. Carlsbad Cravings September 23, 2014 at 6:02 am - Reply

I am loving your combination of sriracha and maple in this! Sweet heat at its finest! Yummy!

5. marye @ restless chipotle September 23, 2014 at 2:28 pm - Reply

I have used chipotle and maple but never sriracha… YUM!

6. Laura. September 23, 2014 at 3:24 pm - Reply

Love the combination. Perfect for fall! I love it.

7. Sherri Jo September 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm - Reply

Love this Shelby… love that you made it sweet spicy.. sounds divine 🙂

8. Sarah Olson September 24, 2014 at 1:32 am - Reply

What a perfect side Shelby. I love new ways to eat squash. And I love anything spicy.

9. Life Tastes Good September 24, 2014 at 4:20 am - Reply

I need to try this!! I am obsessing over squash right now! Craving it like a crazy person! Thanks for sharing!!

10. […] your into the squash as a side, this sweet and spicy Roasted Delicata Squash is another great recipe to serve. Or, A garden salad topped with Thousand Island Salad Dressing […]

11. Anonymous November 2, 2019 at 3:21 pm - Reply

4.5

12. […] Roasted Delicata Squash with Sriracha Maple Glaze Give your Thanksgiving table a little kick of heat! This Roasted Delicata Squash with Sriracha Maple glaze will add sweet heat to the tongue. It is creamy and delicious with roasted brown bits of squash from the sweet glaze. […]

13. […] you have never tried Roasted Delicata Squash, then this is a great recipe to try. It is another one of those sweet heat recipes that […]