This week, for the Secret Recipe Club’s Group C reveal, I am stepping in to help out and sharing these awesome Pumpkin Scones – A Starbuck’s Copycat Recipe from It’s Yummy to My Tummy.

Pumpkin Scones
When one of my friends indicated to me that she had overbooked herself for the time frame of Group C’s SRC Reveal, I volunteered to step in and help her out so we would not have an orphan in her group.  I immediately knew there were recipes from Heather’s blog that I would make, after all she has been blogging since 2010 and she and I seem to have a lot of the same tastes!
Pumpkin Scones
I can tell you right here and now that Grumpy loved these scones.  He had no trouble eating more than one!  They were moist but yet the glaze hardened up nicely.  I changed the drizzle recipe up a little and added a little bit of pumpkin puree with some extra spice.  Does the fact that I love spice mean I’m turning into an old lady?  ha ha.  Somewhere I read last week that spice cookies were an old lady cookie.  Hrumph.  Since Grumpy loved these, does that make him an Old Ladies Man?

If you haven’t tried making scones yet and have a food processor, then you need to try them.  Scones are so easy to make when you use the food processor!  In a matter of seconds you have your ball of dough and all you need to do is flatten it some and form, cut and bake.  Voila, your done.
Pumpkin Scones
Pumpkin Scones
Yield: 8

Pumpkin Scones

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes

A copycat recipe similar to the Starbucks Pumpkin Scone, these are moist, delicious and covered in sweet tasty icing!

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 egg
  • 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes

FOR THE GLAZE

• 1 cup plus 1 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon roll flavored coffee creamer (or milk)
  • spiced drizzle:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon roll flavored coffee creamer (or milk)
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • pinch of ginger
  • pinch of cloves
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a food processor, add flour through ginger. Place lid on the processor and process a couple of times to mix the dry ingredients.
  3. Mix the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and egg together. Pour into the food processor and process until ball forms.
  4. Remove dough from processor and place on lightly floured board. Pat dough out into a round until dough is about 1 inch thick.
  5. Cut dough with a pizza cutter into 8 pieces – just like you would a pizza.
  6. Place scones on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
  7. To make the glaze, mix together 1cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon bun flavored coffee creamer. Spoon glaze onto cooled scones. Let sit until glaze hardens.
  8. To make the spiced drizzle, mix together the pumpkin, cinnamon bun flavored creamer, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Add powdered sugar. Add more sugar or creamer as needed to make of drizzling consistency (should be thicker than the glaze). Let sit until drizzle has dried. Store in an airtight container.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 52mgSodium 433mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 2gSugar 26gProtein 5g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. bellini September 15, 2014 at 8:24 am - Reply

I do love a good scone Shelby. ON to my favourite season.

2. Sherri Jo September 15, 2014 at 9:06 am - Reply

yum! I love scones! As I think I have said before I am personally not big on pumpkin, but I would chow these down!

3. thepaintedapron.com September 15, 2014 at 9:26 am - Reply

I made scones for the first time this summer and they are easy! This looks great for autumn, pinned to try! Thanks so much!
    Jenna

4. Patsy K September 15, 2014 at 11:10 am - Reply

What a perfect way to start the day!

5. heather from It's Yummy to My Tummy September 15, 2014 at 2:45 pm - Reply

The scones look great! You did a wonderful job on them. thanks for featuring my recipe this month! 🙂

6. Debbi Does Dinner Healthy September 15, 2014 at 2:55 pm - Reply

These look amazing. What an awesome breakfast this would be. Thank you so much for joining Group C this month!! 🙂

7. Erin September 15, 2014 at 6:22 pm - Reply

Oh these look absolutely wonderful!

8. Carrie R September 15, 2014 at 6:53 pm - Reply

Oooooo… I love Starbucks pumpkin scones, and I am so stoked to have a found a good copycat recipe for them! 🙂 Pinned.

9. chelsy September 15, 2014 at 10:32 pm - Reply

ahhhhhh! BRING ON THE PUMPKIN! All I need is a warm cup of coffee 🙂

10. Sarah Olson September 15, 2014 at 10:33 pm - Reply

These look awesome! I would love one of these with a cup of coffee right now. Pinning!

11. Renee Paj September 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm - Reply

tis the season for pumpkin and these look delicious!

12. Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads September 15, 2014 at 11:56 pm - Reply

Gotta love everything pumpkin! They look amazing!! 😉

13. Lisa {Authentic Suburban Gourmet } September 16, 2014 at 2:17 am - Reply

So PERFECT for the upcoming fall season! My hubby would love these. Great SRC pick!

14. From Valeries Kitchen September 16, 2014 at 2:44 am - Reply

I am so crazy about those pumpkin scones at Starbucks! I love that you've recreated them and they look absolutely perfect!

15. Life Tastes Good September 16, 2014 at 3:35 am - Reply

Daaaaannnnng girllll these look fantastic! you know for an old lady hahaha If you are an old lady then I want to look as fabulous as you when I'm an old lady! <3

16. R Yerkes September 16, 2014 at 5:36 am - Reply

Yum. I will definitely be making these. I have had scones on the brain lately.

17. Jen September 16, 2014 at 5:55 am - Reply

These look SO good and I love that you added extra spice and adding pumpkin to the drizzle is brilliant!

18. Annie @ Annie's Noms September 16, 2014 at 6:36 am - Reply

I love making scones, but have never tried in the food processor, now you've said it seems completely natural, why ever not, I make all kinds of other dough's in there! I've been looking for the perfect pumpkin spice scones for a while, and think I'm going to have to make these 🙂

19. Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice September 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm - Reply

Ahhh – now I vowed not to comment or even think about pumpkin until it was officially fall (can you tell I'm a summer girl?) these are too good not to comment on and I'll look forward to making them for sure.

20. Betty Petry September 17, 2014 at 1:36 am - Reply

I just followed the recipe and they are in the oven. But what do I do with the 5 tablespoons of butter? I wanted to make another batch, but I don't know if I should add the butter even though the recipe directions don't mention adding the butter.

21. TeaLady September 18, 2014 at 3:36 am - Reply

You had me at scones. Next breakfast is made of these..

22. Pam September 19, 2014 at 2:57 pm - Reply

I love scones and these Pumpkin Scones will hit the spot and I love the two glazes.

23. Anonymous October 8, 2019 at 2:20 pm - Reply