These BLT Bites are a low carb appetizer that has all the deliciousness of a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich – without the bread! Cherry tomatoes are filled with a cheesy bacon filling and are the perfect finger food for any picnic or party appetizer!

BLT Bites

This week’s Sunday Supper Event is being hosted by Conni of The Foodie Army Wife Bacon.  Who does not love it?  While there is no lettuce in these bites, the fresh parsley added to the mixture does a great job of adding to the flavor of these tiny bites bursting with bacony flavor!   I also added some chipotle to the mix as I love a little heat with my sweet.  These tomatoes gave a perfect pop of bacony taste with the sweetness of the tomato kickin’ with that chipotle heat!  What a great recipe this turned out to be and a perfect Tantalizing Tray appetizer that you won’t be able to stop popping into your mouth!  I made these to take to a friend’s housewarming party and not a single one of them was leftover.

BLT Bites

Appetizers, or “Tantalizing Trays” are my favorite way of eating!  It is always my preference to go to a party where you can mingle and have a little taste of this or that.  Tiny bites weren’t such the rage in my younger days, but if they were I would like to think that my Nanny would have been a fan of the rage.  One of the things my Nanny always would say (especially when it came to dessert!) would be “I’ll just have a little taste of each please”.  Loved her immensely.  Still do even though she is no longer physically in our presence. I want to be just like Nanny in every way, and fortunately, because of genetics, I dare say I am darn close!

BLT Bites

How about you?  Do you like small bites, tantalizing trays?  Do you like to have a little taste of each item on the table?  What are your favorite bites? Be sure to check out the recipe for these delicious BLT Bites

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Bites (BLT Bites)
Yield: 10 servings

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Bites (BLT Bites)

All the flavor of a BLT without the carbs.

Ingredients

• 20 cherry tomatoes
  • 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
  • 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder

Instructions

1. Cut a thin slice off the tomato top. Scoop out pulp and seeds.
  2. Slice a very thin slice off the bottom of the tomato so tomato will stand still on the platter and invert tomato over a paper towel to drain.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, bacon, parsley, and chipotle chili powder.
  4. Spoon cheese filling into tomatoes. Chill until serving.
  5. Garnish with sprinkles of parsley or green onion tops.

Nutrition Information

Yield

Serving Size

Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 11mgSodium 212mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram

1. Renee August 31, 2014 at 9:25 am - Reply

I sure do love tomatoes and BLT's so I would definitely be gobbling up several of these bites.

2. Liz Berg August 31, 2014 at 11:07 am - Reply

Shelby, it's so FUN to see you've joined the Sunday Supper team! I'm loving these BLT stuffed tomatoes…I'd certainly eat more than my fair share!

3. Jennifer Miller August 31, 2014 at 12:09 pm - Reply

My family would go crazy for these adorable tomato stuffed BLT's!

4. Alice // Hip Foodie Mom August 31, 2014 at 1:08 pm - Reply

oh my goodness, I love these!!! Stuff anything into a tomato and I'm in love!! what a great idea!! love this!

5. Marlene Baird August 31, 2014 at 2:35 pm - Reply

So adorable! What a great idea to make BLT's without the bread. YUM.

6. Zaza August 31, 2014 at 3:13 pm - Reply

Wow, this is making my mouth water!

7. Camilla Mann August 31, 2014 at 4:36 pm - Reply

Did someone say BLT? I'm in!

8. Bobbi Burleson August 31, 2014 at 6:39 pm - Reply

What an adorable little nibble!

9. Pam August 31, 2014 at 6:56 pm - Reply

Those are the cutest little things, but they will make a big statement on your buffet table. I can't wait to make these little gems

10. Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious August 31, 2014 at 8:19 pm - Reply

OK, that tray is enough for ME! What will everyone else eat?

11. Arisuchan August 31, 2014 at 10:03 pm - Reply

its actually brilliant! I love the use of parsley instead of lettuce!

12. Susan September 1, 2014 at 12:15 am - Reply

This is just the perfect use for cherry tomatoes! Little portable BLT's, what isn't to like?

13. Ala September 1, 2014 at 5:14 am - Reply

What LOVELY bites! I do love to have a taste of everything, as opposed to just a huge hunk of one item, so this is perfectly up my alley. Great share this Sunday!

14. Sarah Reid September 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm - Reply

These are far too adorable!

15. Sherron Watson September 1, 2014 at 6:12 pm - Reply

Bacon makes everything better and this recipe is awesome. My family will enjoy these.

16. Susan Pridmore September 1, 2014 at 6:48 pm - Reply

These are adorable! I love this idea!!

17. Julie @ Texan New Yorker September 1, 2014 at 6:53 pm - Reply

These are gorgeous!! They sound delicious too. 🙂

18. Shaina Wizov September 1, 2014 at 9:27 pm - Reply

Great idea. Everyone's favorite sandwich (well, except for those of us who don't eat bacon) as an appetizer is sure to be a hit!

19. Cheryl King September 1, 2014 at 11:02 pm - Reply

I'm just like your Nanny – I love a little taste of everything! I can't stand to not give it all a try to see what I like the best! BLT ANYTHING is definately on my list of things to put on a Tantalizing Tray menu, and these sure look YUMMY! HUGS

20. Cindys Recipes and Writings September 2, 2014 at 12:02 am - Reply

I( love stuffed tomatoes! These are sweet bites!

21. Tammi @ Momma's Meals September 2, 2014 at 7:19 pm - Reply

I can't believe how creative these are! Who wouldn't love anything BLT related! Thanks for the new idea!

22. […] BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch […]

23. […] BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch […]

24. Jalapeño Mac 'n Cheese Bites July 17, 2015 at 10:54 pm - Reply

[…] BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch […]

25. […] BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch […]

26. Anonymous November 5, 2019 at 6:38 am - Reply

27. […] I like to make and would fit great on a reunion table are Broccoli Salad – Keto Recipe, and BLT Bites. I also love this Low Carb Cauliflower Picnic Salad from Carrie’s Experimental […]