Recently I bought some avocado because Iwas having that kind of craving. You know, the one that won't go away until you get what you want? I am the only person in our two person household who will eat avocado. I sure do miss having Justin & Chris around at feeding time. They definitely are not as picky as Grumpy is! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the avocado until I happened on this faceless (no more) recipe from allrecipes for Avocado Tomato Mango Salsa!
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix together all ingredients and serve with your favorite grilled meat. This is also great with lightly salted tortilla chips. Store covered in refrigerator.