These Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze are full of strawberries with a light and fresh lemon glaze. They are easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes!
Recently I found a little farm stand nearby that sells fresh strawberries! There is nothing more exciting than to see the fresh berries pop onto the market in June! I expect you will see a few strawberry recipes popping up around here in the near future! These Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins are no exception.
I found a recipe over at allrecipes.com and used that as an inspiration in creating this Strawberry Muffin recipe. The recipe on allrecipes was not gluten free, so I decided to try my hand at it and see what I could come up with.
I found that while I do prefer my regular "glutenized" muffins over a gluten free muffin, these were still pretty delicious! The texture on this muffin is a little different than a muffin made with regular flour. If I had to eat gluten free, I would probably not be suffering a whole lot! When making this recipe again, I would increase the eggs to 2 for the added fat and moisture next time so if you try these, I do suggest you do the same! Enjoy!
Pin it! Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze!
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-¾ cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together canola oil, almond milk, agave, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together gluten free flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Using ½ cup scoop, place batter in muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.
- To glaze, mix together confections sugar and lemon juice. Dip tops of muffins in glaze and set to dry.