My contribution this month is the side dish and the recipe I chose to share with you is a version of Cooking Light Sesame-Carrot Salad. I wanted a little bit of heat so for part of the sesame oil I subbed chili oil. I also added a little tiny bit of brown sugar to the dressing. Love that sweet heat!
Susan from The Spiced Garden brought an Appetizer of Tempura Green Beans (with Mild Cayenne Sour Cream)
Sarah made an Arugula Grape Sunflower Seed Salad
Asian Sesame Salad
By adapted from Cooking Light
- 3 cups matchstick cut carrots
- 1-½ tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1-½ tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- ¾ tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
- *Note: I used tri colored carrots.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 108 mg
Tags: Carrots, Asian, Sesame, Chili, Cooking Light