I used Trader Joe's Chunk Peanut Butter, just something about that particular brand of peanut butter that I love. Another great plus to this recipe is the fact that on the second day they are NOT SOGGY. That is a big plus for us because with just Grumpy and me eating these, we are not going to eat the whole batch in one day. Well, we probably could, but we wouldn't!
|A perfect breakfast of these donuts, almond milk, and a banana!|
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, almond milk, and coffee until well blended.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just moistened. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Batter will be thick and you will not have a fluid fill of the donut pan. You will want to spoon it in and pat the dough down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.