Salted Vanilla Chip Cookies #cookies #salt #vanillachips
Add caption

When I found out I had Love and Flour for my Secret Recipe Club project this last month, I knew exactly what I was going to do!  You see, last Christmas, I participated in the food blogger cookie exchange and LeAndra, who is the author of Love and Flour, made and sent cookies to me.  The cookies she sent were probably one of Grumpy’s favorite cookies from the season.  He’s a huge vanilla chip fan.  What made me happy is
that they were salted 🙂  So, I just knew since I had LeAndra’s blog that I would have to go ahead and make these cookies!

LeAndra has so many goodies on her blog though. At one point in time I had so many new tabs open on my browser I thought I was going to crash my computer!  I did end up making one other item from her blog, and that was the Slow Cooker Coconut Curried Eggplant.  I had just received two eggplant from the field goods produce day and when I saw the recipe, I immediately set out to make it!

The eggplant dish was definitely just a treat for me because Grumpy won’t touch it.  However, it was a nice treat, a little sweet, a little heat and the creamy coconut feel.  I loved it!

Make sure you visit Love and Flour for these delicious recipes along with all the other yummy goodness on her blog!  Then, when you done, you may want to go check out all the other posts from SRC members!

Salted Vanilla Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Coconut Curry with Eggplant

1. Lisa August 5, 2013 at 6:40 am - Reply

Mmm, dinner and dessert! Two great picks for this month's SRC.

2. chitchatchomp@yahoo.com.au August 5, 2013 at 11:13 am - Reply

Pleased to hear you got a little treat all too yourself – no sharing required.;)

3. honeyb August 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm - Reply

Mmmm! I love the idea of salted oatmeal cookies. I might have to trade in the vanilla chips for chocolate though. 😉
    I need to make curry dishes more often and seem to just forget.

4. Lori August 5, 2013 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Too bad he wont touch it- looks delicious.

5. Amanda Eisenberg August 5, 2013 at 1:49 pm - Reply

The eggplant curry looks fantastic – and the cookies look like the perfect way to cool down afterwards 🙂 Awesome double SRC picks

6. Kate | Food Babbles August 5, 2013 at 6:52 pm - Reply

Ha! That's always my problem when choosing a SRC recipe to make… I always choose a bunch and have the hardest time narrowing it all down to one. The two you chose both sound incredibly tasty, especially those cookies. Wow!

7. LeAndra S August 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Thanks Shelby! Your comment about having so many tabs open made me laugh. I'm so glad you (and Grumpy) got to enjoy the cookies again. I'm also happy to hear you liked the eggplant curry. That dish was a little iffy for me; I liked it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else out there would.

8. Claire @ Claire K Creations August 6, 2013 at 12:33 am - Reply

I know what you mean with the browsers. Every month when I get my assignment I have at least 10 open for days trying to choose! Great choices!

9. Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos August 6, 2013 at 10:44 pm - Reply

Some great recipes Shelby! I am guilty of the multiple tabs open too!

10. Tara August 7, 2013 at 1:52 am - Reply

Ooh, I'll have to try the cookies. I love vanilla chips.

11. GreenGirl24 August 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm - Reply

Those sound (and look) great!

12. Joe Merk August 14, 2013 at 10:07 am - Reply

What I wouldnt give to learn how you got your design to be so amazing! I mean it. Besides the blog just being awesome this page is too sweet! Its not too flashy. It doesnt do too much with colours and things and the videos you use are perfect for this topic! Really awesome blog.
    blue tungsten ring