I wasn’t planning to post this morning.  I actually have another post almost done and ready to go, but then after trying this recipe, I decided that post had to take a back seat.  Yes.  I loved this that much.

I’ve been making a lot of dietary changes in the last few months.  Concentrating on vitamin and protein packed food.  While this could be a higher protein if made with skim milk, I didn’t use it because I didn’t have any on hand.  Next time I will be sure to make this with cows milk to boost that protein factor.
I found the recipe for Mango Coconut Chia Pudding via Pinterest and it led me to Skinnytaste.com.  Go figure.  🙂  I love Skinnytaste.com.  Its one of my favorite websites out there.  The original recipe was for Mango Coconut.  While I do plan to try Mango, I had blueberries on hand and well, as most of my regular readers know, blueberries are my very favorite fruit.  I felt that almond would make a good compliment to the flavor and since I’ve yet to pick up any of the liquid stevia from Trader Joe’s (high on my list of things to get this week now!), I used Splenda.

If you like tapioca, you will love this.  Why?  Because it involves no cooking and you put it in your fridge before you go to bed and wake up to this fabulous pudding for breakfast.  Yes.  I said pudding for breakfast.  🙂  The chia is pretty controversial as to whether is good for weight loss or whether its really a super nutrient.  So my choice to use it has nothing to do with the “facts” which no matter what search you use your going to find someone says its great for you and others who say it does nothing for you.  So, that said, it doesn’t matter much to me – if it has nutritional value (and it does) then I’ll use it and add it to my diet.  Not to mention, it made this pudding pretty darn yummy in my opinion.

On another note, Grumpy’s opinion was to spit it out.  ha ha.  Mind you, Grumpy hates tapioca so I didn’t quite expect him to like this.  I give him props for trying it though!

What do you think about Chia Seeds?

Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 tablespoon monkfruit (or your choice of sweetener)
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
Instructions
In a large 4 cup measure, mix all ingredients together.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Details

Prep time: 5 mins Set time: 8 hour Total time: 8 hour 5 mins Yield: 2 servings

1. Jersey Girl Cooks May 14, 2013 at 11:48 am - Reply

I would love to try this for breakfast. I have yet to try chia seeds but I will be buying some soon.

2. Mary Bostow May 14, 2013 at 1:04 pm - Reply

It looks fantastic Shelby!

3. Anonymous May 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Hurrah, that's what I was seeking for, what a data! existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this site.

my web page … Full Report

4. Anonymous May 17, 2013 at 5:36 pm - Reply

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

Feel free to visit my webpage – Read More

5. Anonymous May 17, 2013 at 6:35 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about property portfolio. Regards

My web blog :: Article Source

6. Anonymous May 18, 2013 at 9:25 pm - Reply

Κeep on wгiting, grеat job!

Αlso visіt my ωeb site – New Bingo Sites

7. Anonymous May 20, 2013 at 4:41 pm - Reply

hi!,I гeally like your writіng ѕo much!

ρercentagе we keep up а coгreѕρondence extra аρρгοxіmately your artiсle οn AOL?
    I neеd а specialіst on thiѕ housе tο solѵe my problem.

Maybe that іs yоu! Τаking a look ahеаd to
    ρeer yοu.

Feel frеe tο ѕuгf to my wеb page; hcg Diet

8. Lauren April 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm - Reply

I've never tried chia seeds before but I actually got a huge bag of them in he mail yesterday. I can't wait to try this!

9. Joanne DiPalo April 25, 2014 at 5:31 pm - Reply

Hi Shelby, I just saw this recipe on the SEO Boost list today. I've been looking for a Chia Pudding as I too have been making dietary changes very similar to yours. I'm definitely going to try this. Grampy has been very willing to try everything I make, which is unusual for him, but it keeps me motivated to keep on trying.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Joanne

10. Sarah Bates May 13, 2014 at 7:08 pm - Reply

I have a brand new bag of chia seeds that have yet to be open and have been searching for a recipe to try. This looks great! I can't wait to try this pudding soon. Thanks for sharing!