When I am craving something a little more carb like but don't want to break my carb bank, I always look to making the recipe for Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla. By using a low carb tortilla wrap, I can cut my net carbs down to 7!
This very simple to make appetizer or snack recipe is made with only 5 ingredients and so tasty! While you may not have as crispy of a tortilla as you may have with a regular flour tortilla, you will still have a delicious treat to enjoy when still sticking to your low carb diet!
When I'm on my own for a meal, I like to make something quick, easy, and for the most part, good for me. The night I made this quesadilla I was craving the buffalo chicken flavor. I had some leftover roasted chicken breast and decided to try a quesadilla.
For this particular recipe I used Trader Joe's Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla. One tortilla is only 3 net carbs and perfect for a low carb diet. I felt no guilt whatsoever by doubling the tortilla up and having 6 net carbs! They are full of fiber and super delicious!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 low carb whole wheat tortilla wraps
- ½ ounce crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ ounce cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 teaspoons Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1½ ounces cooked chicken breast , sliced
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Butter one side of each tortilla using 1 teaspoon butter per tortilla.
- Toss cooked chicken breast and Frank's Red Hot together to coat chicken.
- Heat griddle on cooktop. Place 1 tortilla, butter side down, on hot griddle.
- Layer tortilla with ½ cheddar cheese, ½ blue cheese, and all of the chicken mixture.
- Top chicken mixture with remaining cheddar and blue cheese. Cover with 2nd tortilla, butter side up.
- Cook on the griddle until browned on the bottom. Carefully turn quesadilla over and cook on other side until browned.
- Transfer quesadilla to cutting board and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing, if desired.