First Published: October 19, 2012… Last Updated: March 20, 2020
This One Dish Pepperoni Pizza recipe is probably the easiest pizza you will ever make. Those who are dough challenged need not worry. For this one-pot recipe, a batter is stirred right in the pan that the pizza is baked in before adding toppings. This method really works and it is absolutely delicious, making Friday night pizza night a whole lot easier!
One-pot meals make the cook’s life so much easier. Nobody wants a mess in the kitchen at the end of the day. This one-dish pepperoni pizza doesn’t have to be just for Friday night, it is actually a great recipe any night of the week!
Friday night is pizza night in our house
At the end of the week, I always loved to have pizza for the family. It used to mean picking up a pizza on the way home, letting the kids pick a movie, and relax the rest of the evening without needing to clean up a mess.
This One Dish Pepperoni Pizza recipe turns out to be the best solution to saving money and minimizing mess in the kitchen. I was very skeptical when I first tried this recipe because I thought there was no way this would work. But, it does! This one-dish pizza is a solution for busy moms all over.
What you need to make this one-dish pizza
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
Yeast: I always buy my yeast in bulk and store it in the freezer. Many will use individual packets and those work also.
Flour: Often times I use bread flour because that is what I keep on hand for the most part. But, for this recipe, I did use all-purpose flour. Either will work.
Sugar: I don’t recommend skipping this. Sugar feeds the yeast and helps to soften the dough.
Pizza or Pasta Sauce: There is a difference, but my choice is this Homemade Pasta Sauce. I always have this on hand.
Pizza Toppings: My family loves pepperoni topping, however, the world is your oyster here. Use whatever toppings you want. I just recommend you don’t go overboard.
Cake Pan: I use a 9-1/2 ” ceramic deep dish pan. A glass deep-dish pie pan will work as well.
How this recipe works
When you read this recipe, you might think there is a mistake when you read it. Just to be sure you are aware, below are important instructions on making this one dish pizza recipe.
- There is NO preheating of the oven.
- The pizza is assembled, and placed in the cold oven.
- The temperature is set at 350.
- The timer at 30 minutes. You should have what you see in my photos as the end result.
Make this pizza recipe your way
The One Dish Pepperoni Pizza recipe is versatile and you could make this several different flavors. Below are some ideas on mixing this up!
- Add some flavor to the dough. Stir in a teaspoon of Italian seasoning and a teaspoon of garlic powder with the flour. Then proceed with mixing the dough.
- Top the pizza with any leftovers or veggies you have in the fridge. Leftover cooked potatoes or leftover veggies. I have put glazed carrots on top and it was SUPER delish!
- Any leftover meats in the fridge work as a topping in place of pepperoni. Italian sausage, chicken, burgers. Just break or dice it up and add it to the top.
- Condiments make great toppings as well. Sliced green or black olives, diced pickles, and pickled peppers are a few ideas you might enjoy.
Other Pizza Recipes you may enjoy
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Steak and Potato Pizza
Heirloom Tomato Pizza
Sausage Mushroom Onion Pizza
Meat Lover’s Skillet Pizza
Garlic White Chicken Pizza
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Deep Dish Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Easy Sausage Pizza
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Chicken Sausage Pizza
*If you made this One-Dish Pepperoni Pizza, please give it a star rating*
This 1 Dish Pepperoni Pizza recipe REALLY works! Just mix the batter for your crust right in the pan you will bake it in!
For the batter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 packages Fleischman's Rapid Rise Yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup very warm water
for the topping
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 oz pepperoni
2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
2 tablespoons slivered spiced pickled peppers
- Mix the batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread pizza sauce evenly over batter.
- Top dough with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with olives and medium hot pepper slices.
- Bake by placing in a cold oven; set the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 631mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 15g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.