Since I still had some of the yummy Buitoni Butternut Squash Agnolotti, I decided I would also try breading and frying some. I thought for days about what I could do for a dipping sauce and finally decided on a Honey Chipotle Sauce. This is a great appetizer and the Agnolotti turned out so crispy. I could eat them without the sauce I loved them that much!
I don’t fry foods too often so this was a definite yummy treat to have and Grumpy and I both enjoyed these immensely. The sauce had a perfect sweet heat that went really well with the slight warm spice from the butternut squash in the Agnolotti. This is so easy to make you could easily impress some friends by inviting them over for a few drinks and appetizers to share with them and serve these!
The winner of the giveaway sponsored by Buitoni was chosen by random drawing was won by Jamiee. Congrats! I know you will enjoy the product! Thank you to all who entered and I hope you will try the new Buitoni products!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Crispy fried agnolotti served with a slightly sweet, spicy, and smoky chipotle sauce!
- 1 package Buitoni Refrigerated Butternut Squash Agnolotti
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated egg product
- Olive Oil for Frying
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle sauce from canned chipotles
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place panko crumbs, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper in food processor and process until crumbs are fairly small. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour egg product into a wide bowl. Dip Agnolotti in egg product and allow excess to drip back into the bowl. Place Agnolotti in panko crumb mixture and press to coat.
- Turn over and coat the other side. Transfer to a platter. Do this with all the agnolotti.
- Heat oil in a shallow skillet. (Approximately 2 inches oil). Test oil by dropping a tiny bit of panko into the skillet. If the panko starts to sizzle the oil is ready. Place agnolotti in the skillet and cook until browned on one side (about 2 minutes) then turn and cook the other side (about another 2 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter to drain.
- Make the sauce by combining the Mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, honey, chipotle sauce, and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Serve with Agnolotti.
- Cook times are approximate and will depend on how many agnolotti you place in your oil at a time and how many you cook all together.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 67mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.