I'm so happy I made this pasta dish and I'm so glad my mom gave me some of the sage leaves she and my dad grew and dried this year. I really believe the sage made this dish over the top delicious. This was so yummy but next time I will try it with light cream instead of heavy cream to save on fat and calories. I can't get over how packed with flavor this simple dish was. It was our main course - we didn't have anything else with it except for a glass of red wine (well I had the wine, Grumpy had a Grey Goose & Cran). Personally, the wine went perfectly with this dish. It was Barefoot Wine & Bubbly Zinfindal. (Barefoot is not compensating me for my statement - that is my own opinion and I want to share it with you!).
foodie_views_link_url = 'https://grumpyshoneybunch.com/2011/11/capativi-with-wild-mushroom-sauce.html';
We like to eat pasta at least once a week - and after this week I promise I will be finding healthier versions. I feel the need to state that we don't eat this rich everyday! Really, we do eat light often! My Facebook Followers see on a daily basis that there are several nights we eat pita pizza, soup, salad, or don't eat dinner at all! If we did eat this way every day we wouldn't be able to get out the door!
This is my submission for Presto Pasta Nights which is being hosted by Tandy of Lavendar & Lime. If you would like to join in, you still have time as the deadline for this week's submission is Thursday. Check out the Presto Pasta Nights webpage for the details on submission and then on Friday watch Tandy's site for the round up of yummy pasta dishes!
- PRINTABLE RECIPE
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 leaves dried sage leaves, rubbed (use a pinch of rubbed sage if you don't have dried)
- ½ pound assorted wild mushrooms (golden chanterelle, shiitake, cremini, oyster, porcini, etc.), trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy or light cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound Capativi
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until mushrooms are softened. Add vegetable broth and dried sage and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes to reduce liquid. I believe that reducing the liquid with the mushrooms gives a more concentrated flavor and is part of what makes this so good