Cool, refreshing with that minty mojito hit, this Mango Peach Mojito can be ready in less than 5 minutes and is full of coconut, peach, lime and mint flavors!

Last summer I made “Frosty Cool Peach Mojitos” and while they were really yummy, they were somewhat time consuming because you would use fresh peaches.  Eventually Grumpy and I moved on to having “Sex on the Beach” which was a whole lot easier and quicker to make, but it had no peaches.

This summer, we are living much closer to real civilization and I actually found peach and mango nectar in the regular grocery store!  I grabbed a can of each knowing I was going to make me a mojito with it.  When I was in Indianapolis a few weeks ago I had a mango peach mojito at Cheeseburger in Paradise….and decided that I had to try making one of them myself when I got home!

The former residents of our unit had fresh mint growing right outside our back door.  What a treasure trove that was to find! I knew I would be making some mojitos this summer and what better day to try it out then on July 4th?  Finding fresh mint was an issue when we were living north because you couldn’t always get it in the store!  It’s like a mint heaven having the fresh mint growing right at home.

For July 4th holiday, Grumpy and I did some driving around with our GPS and looking up some homes we thought we might be interested in.  No luck with the homes, but after arriving back home I brined up some baby back ribs (Guy Fieri style) and put them on the grill. I slathered with some Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce before they were to come off the grill.  We sat back had a delicious meal and refreshed with a Mango Peach Mojito!  If you can get your hands on some peach and mango nectar, I suggest you try this drink out asap!  Not only is it fruity, it is the perfectly refreshing, cool summer drink to enjoy on a really hot day.

Mango Peach Mojito
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 1 beverage
Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 to 2 shots coconut rum (use regular rum if you wish)
  • 1 ounce mango nectar
  • 1 ounce peach nectar
  • 1 ounce club soda
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • Ice
Instructions
  1. Muddle the mint leaves and lime juice in the bottom of a tall drink glass.  Fill glass 3/4 full with ice and then pour in the remaining liquid ingredients.  Stir and serve!
MANGO PEACH MOJITO – PIN IT!

Mango Peach Mojito

1. Lisa~~ July 5, 2011 at 2:19 am - Reply

Looks delish!!

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

2. Bizzy B. Bakes July 5, 2011 at 2:43 am - Reply

Shelby, this is a beauty. I am sure it tastes good but I would want it to stay the way it looks. Drat, The ice would melt.

Smiling at ya.

3. Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] July 5, 2011 at 5:55 am - Reply

I love mojitos. This tropical version sounds amazing. Gonna try it at my next gathering 🙂

4. Pegasuslegend July 5, 2011 at 10:37 am - Reply

Peach? Wow thats new for me love it… wish I saw this yesterday, lots of mint growing in the yard bet this is so refreshing on a hot day for sure.. hope you had a great 4th! Thanks will try this.

5. bellini July 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm - Reply

I'm in Shelby!!!

6. Michele O July 5, 2011 at 3:30 pm - Reply

I will have to try this. I planted my own herbs in pots this year for that same reason. I hate driving all over the North Country looking for something and can't find it.

7. Mads July 5, 2011 at 8:16 pm - Reply

Everyone must have been making mojitos for the 4th. We had to go to 4 stores before finding some mint!
    Being my first time making mojitos, I stuck to the traditional recipe, but I can't wait to try this twist!

8. Kathleen July 6, 2011 at 12:27 am - Reply

Super YUM!

9. Nutmeg Nanny July 6, 2011 at 5:05 pm - Reply

Oh man. These drinks would get me into trouble. I think I could drink them all night…hehe 🙂

10. Patsyk July 7, 2011 at 1:32 am - Reply

Yum! Nice way to kick back on the 4th of July!