Thank you for visiting! If you like this post, please don’t forget to stumble! 🙂

Its that time of year again.  It may only be spring, but the warm temps are reminding me of last summer and  Grumpy and my adventures of making Peach Mojitos, Mojitos, and having Sex on the Beach.  ;o)  I look forward to trying out some of my brothers cocktail recipes this summer – if I can get him to give them up to me!

Those of you on my Facebook page know that we love the Goose in this household.  It is one of those vodkas that when you have it, you never want anything BUT it.  I also am not a super sweet drink person – while I like a little sweet, too much makes me feel ill.  With this in mind, I made this drink and to celebrate the coming season I called it “Summer’s in the Air”.  The Mango Pineapple Juice is not sweet as you may think – and the addition of blood orange tartens it up some more….not to mention gives it a pretty red color!  So, ring in the coming season with this drink….and enjoy!

Summer’s in the Air
print this recipe

1-1/2 shot Grey Goose Vodka (or your favorite brand)
1/2 cup Pineapple Mango Juice (Tropicana makes this – I found it in the Diary section)
1 Blood Orange, cut in half
Ice

Fill beverage glass with ice, pour in Vodka, then Pineapple Mango juice.  Squeeze half of blood orange into glass and watch the pretty colors combine.  🙂  Garnish, stir, and enjoy!

1. Pegasuslegend April 12, 2011 at 10:43 am - Reply

I love Vodka never tried anything like this, since I am not a Mohito rum drinker… will try pineappke mango, the Vodka sounds much better!

2. RebekahRose April 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm - Reply

That is a PURTY drink… perfect for some warm weather and relaxing on your deck… mmm… 🙂

3. Jason April 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm - Reply

Love this drink! The pineapple mango juice is a must try.

4. Kathleen April 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm - Reply

This sounds like the perfect summer cocktail!

5. Douglas E Welch April 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm - Reply

Sounds like something great for the summer for an outdoor dinner with friends, a larger outdoors party (as you can make the mix ahead) or even after just a good days work in the garden. (SMILE)

Thanks!

6. teresa April 13, 2011 at 1:49 am - Reply

so fabulous for this time of year!

7. Amanda April 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm - Reply

I wanna come hang out at your house, you have lots of alcoholic beverages BAHAHA Looks great Shelby!

8. Shelby April 17, 2011 at 9:08 pm - Reply

Amanda – Come on over anytime! LOL. We love to share!