Thank you for visiting! If you like this post, please don’t forget to stumble!

This would be the perfect dish for Valentine’s Day Dinner.  On special days like Valentine’s Day, it’s ok to splurge.  We splurged before Valentine’s this year.  Who knows, maybe we will splurge again by then too….because this stuff is amazingly delicious!

A little while ago my friend Claudia of What’s Cookin’ Italian Style posted a recipe for Chicken with Bowtie Pasta and Creamy Parmesan Sauce.  As soon as I saw it I knew I would try her recipe.  Who better to give me a delicious recipe like this than an Italian herself?  ;o)  Often times when we eat out the one thing Grumpy will order is a shrimp dish with an alfredo type sauce.  It seems to be his very favorite thing to eat out.  Maybe because out of all the shrimp and pasta dishes I have made, I seem to never make a dish like this and it seems to be what he craves!

Needless to say, when the craving for this type of dish hits again, it will be much easier to just stay home and make it – and much cheaper!  Thanks Claudia for such an awesome website and for such awesome recipes that you share with us!

Cajun Shrimp with Linguini and Creamy Pasta Sauce
Recipe adapted from What’s Cookin’ Italian Style-Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta and Creamy Parmesan Sauce – you can view her original recipe on her site.

For the Shrimp:
1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (just to irritate Grumpy, he he)
1 tablespon Mccormick Cajun Seasoning
1 tablespoon butter

Toss shrimp with cajun seasoning.  Cook shrimp in hot skillet with butter until no longer pink (be careful to not overcook or it will be tough).  Remove from skillet and set aside.

Linguine – we use Bertolli fresh linguini.  It is our very favorite and I use it for every pasta dish that I want linguini for!  Cook the package according to directions.  Once cooked toss with 1 tablespoon butter and a few tablespoons of freshly shredded parmesan.

Cream Sauce: (I omitted the garlic, salt and pepper because of the cajun seasoning in the shrimp and I did reduce the butter to 1 tablespoon.)

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Bring to a boil chicken broth and butter.  Add heavy cream and simmer until thickened.  Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.

Serve sauce over top of linguini and shrimp.  You can sprinkle with parsley, but since I only had cilantro I went with that.  Cilantro is my very favorite anyway so to me, this just made the dish even more awesome!

1. Lori January 26, 2011 at 12:00 pm - Reply

First I'd like to say bravo on your other blog. I like the look and I like what you said.

I hope your bakery comes into being.

Second, ooooweeeee (Justin WIlliams voice inserted here), this looks some good! I'd like to have me some!

2. Pegasuslegend January 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Thanks for you kind words of appreciation but I have to tell you yours looks far better than mine did and with shrimp you aced this one! Fabulous adaptions made lovely pictures and thanks for the wonderful mentions! xo

3. Kim - Liv Life January 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Claudia has some of the most wonderful recipes!!
    I'm loving this one, it's printed and hopefully will be on our menu in the next few days!!

4. teresa January 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm - Reply

oh yummy! i just love shrimp, and i'm of the opinion that it's extra good on pasta!

5. SMITH BITES January 27, 2011 at 2:01 am - Reply

a lovely, lovely dish – that shrimp looks cooked to perfection!!

6. Pamela January 27, 2011 at 2:22 am - Reply

Whoa…that looks incredible!!

7. Patsyk January 27, 2011 at 2:52 am - Reply

This looks fantastic! I imagine everyone in my house would love it!

8. theUngourmet January 27, 2011 at 2:54 am - Reply

I haven't had shrimp in ages! This one is definitely calling my name. Delicious!

9. Jason's BBQ Adventures January 27, 2011 at 3:50 am - Reply

Great looking dish, love the use of Cajun shrimp in with the linguini.

10. Lynda January 27, 2011 at 4:14 am - Reply

This looks fantastic Shelby! I also bookmarked this recipe from Claudia's blog.

11. Cajun Chef Ryan January 27, 2011 at 12:23 pm - Reply

Shelby,
    How about that combination of Italian and Cajun all in one dish!
    As we say in Cajun Country…"Aiiieeeeee!"

Now, time for some good ole Cajun Two Step dancing…..
    "Me oh my oh….got to get some of dat Cajun Pasta oh!"

12. Lana @ Never Enough Thyme January 27, 2011 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Yum and double yum! You know I love shrimp – we have it pretty often around here and I'm always looking for fabulous new recipes to try. This one just made the to-try list!

13. Megan January 27, 2011 at 4:05 pm - Reply

OH MY Goodness Shelby, this sounds sooo good! And I don't think it could get much easier.

Shrimp and cream just went on the shopping list.

14. Joanne January 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness. Just like Claudia said. It's amazing.The recipe is superb. Good job.

15. Michelle January 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm - Reply

Can't ever go wrong pairing shrimp and parmesan!

16. MaryMoh January 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm - Reply

Looks too good to pass….mmmmm. I love prawns. I need more prawns 😀

17. marla January 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm - Reply

This linguine shrimp looks rich & fabulous!! xo

18. Aggie January 29, 2011 at 1:42 am - Reply

My mouth is watering…

19. Corey February 2, 2011 at 7:50 am - Reply

Thank you!

I will be using this for the Valentine menu where I work, going to try it out tomorrow 😀

20. Megan February 8, 2011 at 2:51 am - Reply

Guess whats for dinner tonight? 😉

21. Suzi February 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm - Reply

Oh yummy, all my favorite foods. Can't wait to make this.

22. Anonymous March 13, 2011 at 12:09 am - Reply

So I was cooking my shrimp, and was waiting till it was no longer pink. I mean wow I didn't realize shrimp took so long to cook…BUT suddenly it wasn't pink it started turning brown and kinda black…I figured cajun what the hell. You guys were right this is delicious!!!mmmm

LOL I'm just joking..!! had to toss that in there!

23. […] love this recipe for Cajun Shrimp with Linguine and Creamy Parmesan Sauce. And, if your looking to make a homemade alfredo sauce, the sauce in that particular recipe would […]

24. […] Cajun Shrimp with Linguini is a recipe we enjoyed pre-keto. However, this recipe is only not keto due to the linguini. So, sub out some spiralized zucchini noodles or shirataki noodles and this meal is completely keto-friendly and super romantic! […]