Since my time is limited lately and since I have been blogging for almost 3 years now (can you believe it!?!) I decided that it was time to do a Christmas Cookie round-up and showcase my favorite cookies!  I also am looking for a cookie that will be easy for me to wrap and take to our cookie exchange at work so please, feel free to link up your favorite cookie!I want to also give you a heads up that I am planning a special giveaway for my 3rd year anniversary of blogging.  Watch for the post after Christmas….on December 27, 2010!

First of all….what are the holidays without thinking of mint?  Some of my favorite mint cookies….
Of course, we all love eggnog, right?
Don’t forget your Family Recipe cookies….the ones that make you remember the loved ones in your life!
Don’t forget the tradition Italian cookies….
Its not Christmas without some Chocolate and Hazelnut!
My newest addition of favorites!
and lets not forget – it isn’t Christmas without SNOW….of some kind!  Snow is kinda special to me since it is my son’s last name….I call them my snowmen!  😉  I know, I’m a dork (in case my brother Steve is reading!)
Today, I am also going to share my sugar cookie recipe that I would make for all the holidays – and decorate with my Nanny.  While I didn’t use this recipe for the snowflake photographed here (this was a TwD contribution) this recipe is my go to that I make all the time for cut-outs.  It is the recipe I used when I made my Candy Corn Cookies for Halloween this year.  I hope you will enjoy!

Rolled Sugar Cookies
from Better Homes and Garden’s Christmas Cookies Cookbook

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup shortening
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixer bowl beat butter and shortening until butter is softened. Add sugar and beat til fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat til well mixed. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or til easy to handle.

Roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters, place on an ungreased cookie sheet (I usually use parchment paper if I have it). Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes or til done. Remove and cool.

1. bellini valli December 8, 2010 at 11:52 am - Reply

Many lovely cookies for the holidays Shelby. My priblem is I can't stop at just one:D

2. Pegasuslegend December 8, 2010 at 12:49 pm - Reply

these all are amazing looking great round up of recipes!

3. KAREN December 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm - Reply

oh man do those look good….having my morning coffee now and everyone of them would go great with black coffee!
    Here is a link to one of my favorite cookies…so easy and always a big hit at cookie exchanges!

4. Treehouse Chef December 8, 2010 at 4:09 pm - Reply

7 layer bars are my favorite! I think those Italian Christmas cookies look delicioius too. I may try to make those this year. Thanks for the recipes!

5. teresa December 8, 2010 at 9:32 pm - Reply

mmmm, i LOVE christmas cookies. they're all so pretty!

6. moderncomfortfood December 9, 2010 at 12:08 pm - Reply

Great roundup, Shelby, and I'm captivated by your yummy peppermint meltaways and gorgeous snowflake cookies. My favorite? Seven-layer cookies. I find them so addictive that I can't make them any more.

7. eggscreamandhoney.com December 9, 2010 at 12:39 pm - Reply

It's sugar cookies all the way for me! We've made christmas tree ones already. Your snowflake ones look gorgeous.

8. Maria December 9, 2010 at 2:16 pm - Reply

I want one of each!

9. Megan December 9, 2010 at 3:56 pm - Reply

It's just not Christmas without rolled sugar cookies. And I always make the Magic Bars (7 layer bars minus a layer) as my "filler cookie" on the Christmas platter! 🙂

10. marla {family fresh cooking} December 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm - Reply

Love your round up of Christmas cookies – not sure which I would choose first! Beautiful.

11. Helene December 11, 2010 at 3:44 pm - Reply

I would love to taste all of your cookies. They are beautiful.

12. averagebetty December 11, 2010 at 9:48 pm - Reply

Tis the season for baking cookies! Great stuff Shelby!!

13. Kirstin December 13, 2010 at 4:08 am - Reply

Can you just come to my house and bake for me. These all look amazing. I love the Italian Christmas Cookies. I may try these. I think my family has made these before (grandma and mom)

14. honeyb December 20, 2010 at 5:49 am - Reply

Great cookie round up, Shelby.
    Happy Holidays to you!