I think everyone knows how much I love muffins.  I think they also know I am a big blueberry fan too.  How many know I love pumpkin and apple flavors?  lol.  I haven’t had the opportunity to make pumpkin anything yet, but when I am settled in to my new home next week, one of the first things I plan to make is the recipe Cristine posted for her Frosted Pumpkin Cookies!  Yes!  They are eggless 🙂

In using up ingredients and with today being my last day to bake anything before I am totally packed and on the move, I decided to make this muffin utilizing some blueberries (summer) and homemade apple butter (autumn) I had on hand.   They turned out fabulous!  It seems as though I have been having better luck since baking vegan and I am oh so pleased about it!  🙂

Shelby’s Summer meets Autumn Muffins

1 cup bread flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup apple butter
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly spray  12- cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, stir together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.  In large measuring cup measure out almond milk and canola oil.  Add vanilla extract and apple butter.  Whisk lightly to blend.  Make a well in center of dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients and stir gently until no longer dry.  Fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into muffin cups.  It should almost fill the entire tin.  Bake for 26-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

1. Jamie October 13, 2010 at 9:53 am - Reply

Muffins are really one of life's simple great pleasures and these look so perfect, dense and moist and flavorful even without the sweet tang of the berries! Great recipe!

2. Donna-FFW October 13, 2010 at 10:06 am - Reply

Sounds like a perfect transitional muffin.. great flavors, fantastic combination!!

3. Pegasuslegend October 13, 2010 at 11:05 am - Reply

welcome back looks great! gotcha stumbled too~

4. bellini valli October 13, 2010 at 12:27 pm - Reply

These muffins meet all the requirements of quick, easy and delicious fare Shelby. Good luck wqith move. The fun part, really and truly, is organizing the kitchen and finding a place for everything:D

5. Fallon October 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm - Reply

I'm also a big blueberry muffin fan! These sound delicious.

I'm going to have to check out those eggless pumpkin cookies. Those sound really good.

6. Cristine October 13, 2010 at 3:57 pm - Reply

I love apple butter and adding blueberries is genius! Looks good!

Hope you like the pumpkin cookies!

7. Cheryl October 13, 2010 at 8:40 pm - Reply

Ohh I love muffins of any kind!

8. Jamie October 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm - Reply

Really looks good Shelby! I may have to check out this vegan baking you've been doing. Good luck with everything and can't wait to hear about your adventures in your new city.

9. Mags @ the Other Side of 50 October 13, 2010 at 11:35 pm - Reply

You know I'm a muffin junkie too. These look delicious Shelby.

Good luck with your move. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you hon.

10. Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog October 14, 2010 at 4:31 am - Reply

Incredible muffins in colors and texture!! Need a dozen please 🙂

Cheers,

Gera

11. Shelby October 14, 2010 at 9:04 am - Reply

Thanks everyone! 🙂

12. Linda October 15, 2010 at 3:45 am - Reply

So you don't miss the egg? They look delicious!

13. kim November 7, 2010 at 8:25 pm - Reply

Hi!I found your page through Amanda's cooking. I have enjoyed reading all your recipes. They are making me really hungry and wanting to try some of your recipes. Everything look delicious and that sesame honey chicken yum!!!!!!!!!sillshill.blogspot.com
    kim