Val (More than Burnt Toast) brought Salt-Baked Chicken
Patsy (Food, Family and Friends) made Pork & Stir Fried Veggies in Spicy Sauce
Jamie (Mom's Cooking Club) made Udon-Beef Noodle Bowl
Ma Po Tofu
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- ½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes. Remove plate; discard paper towels. Cut tofu slices into ½-inch cubes.
- Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over rice. Sprinkle with onions.