Blueberry Muffin?

I was lucky enough to buy a pint of blueberries for only $1.50 the other day.  I knew if I didn’t so something with them quickly I would just sit and eat the whole pint.  Yeah.  I do things like that.  Once I start on them, I don’t want to stop.  My son Justin seems to take after me when it comes to blueberries. (inside joke ;o)  he he).  Lately they have been curing my sweet tooth.  Well, a little bit anyway..

One of my “things” I like to do when recipe hunting is go to allrecipes.com and peruse the photos to vote on for that day.  I click on each photo and if I like what I see I go to the recipe.  If it is a great photo I always vote.  You can do that….vote on several photos.  That is how I found the To Die for Blueberry Muffin Recipe.  I tweaked it just a wee bit by adding almond extract and omitted the crumb topping.  Don’t shoot me yet!.  I love crumb topping but I just wasn’t in the mood for it that day.  Instead I made an almond flavored drizzle for the top.  Not a bad decision in my opinion! They turned out beautifully – in looks and taste!  I’m definitely keeping this one around.

To Die for Blueberry Muffins – made HoneyB’s way

1/3 cup milk
1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
Icing Drizzle:
1/2 Tablespoon butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 Tablespoon milk (add more if needed)
Melt butter, stir in sugar, almond extract and milk.  Drizzle over top of cooled muffins.

1. pegasuslegend June 17, 2010 at 11:33 pm - Reply

Amazing picture good enough to eat…wish I could have some of these right now!

2. Lana @ Never Enough Thyme June 18, 2010 at 12:21 am - Reply

I have a pint of them in my fridge right now, too, and I've been looking for a good blueberry muffin recipe for a while now. Looks like I've found one!

3. Mags June 18, 2010 at 12:23 am - Reply

You know I'm a muffin freak and this looks like a great recipe to try. I just bought some blueberries yesterday. Do I make the tart I was planning on making, or try these muffins instead….hmmmm

4. bellini valli June 18, 2010 at 12:48 am - Reply

I do love a good muffin and it is well documented that blueberries are my favourite.

5. baking.serendipity June 18, 2010 at 12:48 am - Reply

The drizzle on this adds so much to its presentation, and I'm guessing its flavor too. At first I was questioning the skipped crumble, but now I definitely understand why 🙂

6. Fallon June 18, 2010 at 1:02 am - Reply

Blueberry muffins are my favorite muffin. I like the addition of almond extract!

7. Barbara @ moderncomfortfood June 18, 2010 at 2:14 am - Reply

I can so relate to this post. I've had a pint of blueberries in the fridge calling my name for eons (since yesterday, that is) and finally blended them with yogurt tonight for a huge dinner smoothie, all to myself. Now I have a perfect excuse to go get more tomorrow. Love your recipe!

8. Deeba PAB June 18, 2010 at 2:23 am - Reply

Oh they look like the best I've seen Shelbey…just too darned good. I like that you gave the crumb topping a miss. the almond drizzle is calling my name. Gorgeous pictures too! Mmmm

9. pigpigscorner June 18, 2010 at 7:35 am - Reply

The muffins look great! I love blueberries too! So glad they are on sale now.

10. Mary June 18, 2010 at 9:26 am - Reply

Now just who wouldn't be so addicted!

11. Cheryl June 18, 2010 at 8:26 pm - Reply

Those are picture perfect muffins! I bet they are tasty to boot!

12. Jessie June 18, 2010 at 9:30 pm - Reply

Honey B you need to make a trip down to Brooklyn! the other day I was at a local fruit store called Circus Fruits. They had blueberries on sale for 99 cents! They were fresh too!

13. ajcabuang04 June 19, 2010 at 1:27 am - Reply

These muffins look great!! And I love how it uses oil and not butter! No need to wait for butter to come to room temp!! 🙂

Would you mind checking out my blog? 😀

14. Cristine June 19, 2010 at 2:08 am - Reply

I have a weakness for a good blueberry muffin! Love the addition of almond extract!

15. Natasha June 19, 2010 at 2:23 am - Reply

These look great! Blueberries are abundant in my kitchen these days; been putting them on every thing. I also have a go-to blueberry muffin recipe but yours I have to try! They look perfect in your photos!

16. Jamie June 19, 2010 at 3:23 pm - Reply

I am so happy this is blueberry season. My grocery store also has them at $1.50 this week. Your muffins look perfect.

17. Megan June 21, 2010 at 1:32 am - Reply

I love a good almond flavored muffin! Blueberries are a plus.

18. Amanda June 23, 2010 at 12:39 am - Reply

I am a sucker for almond flavoring! I would have ditched the crumb topping for a glaze in a heartbeat. They look amazing!