This morning I woke up early at 4, I trodded downstairs and let the cat out the door. I went to the kitchen and set the coffee to perk then headed to the bathroom to get ready for work! I turned on the light and what did I see but this note from Grumpy, written to ME! (Ok, I know the notes don’t rhyme, but humor me, ok?!)

I giggled and chuckled and thought “you are wrong” and proceeded to write him a note of my own!
I went on with my day expecting later to hear “Buzzy, your goofy, but you listen here! That toothbrush is BLUE I told you before so buy us new toothbrushes cause I don’t wanna use yours!”

Not a word was said the whole day long so later that evening I said “Grumpy, hun? Didn’t you see, that I responded to the note you left this morning for me?” Once again I was told that the toothbrush was BLUE and I told Grumpy I took photos to show all of YOU! His chuckle turned into a full blown out laugh as he said go ahead cause I’m right, you know that!

So I’m here this morning to present unto you – our two toothbrushes and give you a clue. The one on the Left is PURPLE you see. And the one that is Grumpys is Bright GREEN. Now, I’m suggesting you stick up for me cause I can’t be wrong on this one you see! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. HoneyB December 17, 2009 at 11:15 am - Reply

Ok, Ok, I ran out of rhyming power at the end. ha ha.

• Linda November 19, 2016 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Definitely blurple. The one on the left is blurple. Or is that plue. Hard to tell.

2. Jenn December 17, 2009 at 12:17 pm - Reply

I was hoping for a toothbrush so dark blue that you can't tell exactly what color it is…. but I'm cracking up here cause there is NO WAY that toothbrush is anything but BLUE. Sorry LOL

3. Bethie December 17, 2009 at 12:50 pm - Reply

It looks blue, I mean purple to me, yeah, um, pur..ple. That's right.

4. Amanda December 17, 2009 at 12:57 pm - Reply

LOL You guys are silly. Don't hate me, but it looks more blue than purple to me :-/ (Photoshop could change that though BAHAHAHAHA)

5. Mags December 17, 2009 at 1:22 pm - Reply

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call it periwinkle. (How's that for not taking sides…LOL)

6. Amanda December 17, 2009 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Yes yes! Periwinkle, that's the color! LOL And according to Wikipedia:

Periwinkle is a desaturated color in the blue-violet family.

HA! you win ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Anonymous December 17, 2009 at 1:40 pm - Reply

I LOVE your blog, and this is my first time posting.

I don't think it matters whether the toothbrush on the left is blue or purple, because it looks as though it needs to be replaced!:-)

The bristles are frayed (perhaps because both you and Grumpy are using it?). Anyway, life is too short, so I would buy myself a new hot pink toothbrush that can never, ever, ever be confused with purple again!:-) Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

Kim in MD

8. jezinthekitchen December 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm - Reply

Um … gosh … I'm seeing a periwinkle-leaning-hard-to-blue?? That's about as far as I can fudge what my eyes are telling me ๐Ÿ™‚

9. HoneyB December 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm - Reply

LOL, Thanks Kim! I'm going to find us some UNIQUE toothbrushes TODAY. ha ha. I think I need to buy custom ones that say Grumpy & Buzzy. ;o)

10. pxilated December 17, 2009 at 2:00 pm - Reply

It might be purple in person, but it's blue in the picture.

11. Barbara Bakes December 17, 2009 at 2:13 pm - Reply

I'd say blue and green, when clearly you should be using pink and blue. He'd never want to use pink. Or do as we do and I have a battery operated one and he prefers a regular one. Not just any regular one of course, a Reach with a medium head and medium bristles but not in pink of course!

12. amisparky December 17, 2009 at 2:51 pm - Reply

How about periwinkle? I think that is what it is and most men I know wouldn't want to use one that color just because of the name. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Gabe's Girl December 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm - Reply

How about blurple? I have always tried to be diplomatic. Good luck with the great TB debate.

14. teresa December 17, 2009 at 3:22 pm - Reply

since i understand how important it is to win these sorts of debate, it's PURPLE girlfriend! purple all the way!

15. Bellini Valli December 17, 2009 at 4:11 pm - Reply

Sorry hon, but on my computer it looks blue.. I will say Caribbean blue if that makes you think of a vacation in the Caribbean.

16. theUngourmet December 17, 2009 at 4:57 pm - Reply

It's kind of a purple-ish blue. ;D

This is very cute and I love your rhymes!

17. Nichi December 17, 2009 at 5:20 pm - Reply

Ohhh yeah sorry but that there is a blue tooth brush… save yourself the argument next time and get the two pack with the pink one!

18. Gera @ SweetsFoods December 17, 2009 at 7:16 pm - Reply

I think this debate must take place sending each of these notes to twitter…in that way all the world will know it LOL!

Cheers,

Gera

19. Leslie December 18, 2009 at 12:40 am - Reply

We are out of mouthwash!
    Oh my that so cracks me up!!! Seriously funny stuff.
    Maybe its my computer..but it looks blueish to me. Maybe you should get yourself a pink one. Then there would be no confusion!lol

20. Helene December 18, 2009 at 8:11 am - Reply

Just laughing at this one. Now we have two separate drawers. No more discussions about toothbrushes.

Also the only thing I buy pink in the house is a toothbrushes for myself. With a house full of boys nobody touches mine…

They can all fight for the other ones ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Helene December 18, 2009 at 8:12 am - Reply

BTW on my computer in looks blue.

22. Katy ~ December 18, 2009 at 9:56 am - Reply

Shelby, I would never say your wrong (friends always have each other's backs) so it must be my brown eyes turning this toothbrush blue.

23. Holly (2 Kids and Tired) December 18, 2009 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Well, like everyone before me, I think that toothbrush is blue. Sorry! And, like Helene, mine is pink so the men in my family know to stay away from it!

24. JennyMac December 19, 2009 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Perhaps it's the lighting from the pic, or the contrast on my computer, or the need for my glasses…but it looks blue to me. I should know for our school colors are purple and teal….been wearing it for 12 years. Sowwy. Perhaps instead of relying just on the color of the same toothbrush….get two different styles of brush to help out….better yet…make him brush at another location from using YOUR toothbrush! LOL
    Happy HOlidays HoneyB

25. Linda December 24, 2009 at 2:51 am - Reply

BWAHAHAH it looks blue to me–sorry, HoneyB :))

26. Ingrid January 3, 2010 at 2:19 am - Reply

Hmmmm, there's no possible way you could be wrong and we must stick together. Sooooo even though it looks blue I'll take your word and proclaim it purple. ๐Ÿ™‚
    ~ingrid

27. honeyb December 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm - Reply

Too funny! Yes, I hope you've moved on to a pink one!

28. Coleen January 10, 2012 at 9:47 am - Reply

Color blindness runs on both sides of our family. Our Dr. was surprised to see that our daughter was color blind (something about both fathers and grandfathers passing it down) I guess it's rare for a woman to be color blind. Maybe you can blame it on that!!! So funny.

29. bellini December 13, 2013 at 2:28 am - Reply

It looks like periwinkle in the photo, but with all out different computer screens it could be cerulean leaning towards purple.I say get a hot pink one, Grumpy would never use a pink toothbrush.

30. honeyb December 13, 2013 at 4:17 am - Reply

Four years later, I hope you have a new toothbrush. ๐Ÿ˜‰ We are lucky enough to have two separate sinks, drawers and we don't even like the same kind of toothpaste.

31. Liz August 12, 2017 at 10:06 am - Reply

BEST post I’ve read all summer! This is hilarious!!!

• Shelby August 13, 2017 at 3:54 pm - Reply