:o)

OK, Ok, so I’m not that funny. LOL. But I can’t help but grin right now cause I think I’m funny at the moment. ha ha (Grumpy is so rolling his eyes right now….).

So, let me tell you what I’ve been up to! Last week when I got the news I could go on “as normal” I got so psyched about getting back to the gym! So much so that I planned meals for the entire week so I could get to the gym when it was open! Of course, I have my friend Susie to thank for that….little miss meal planner that she is. She is such a good example and I love her right to pieces. Oh, and while I am talking about her….I will brag a little about her because she is a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake Off! When you leave here, why don’t you head on over to her blog and congratulate her?!

In any case. Yes. I am on a roll. ;o) Just like this sandwich from Cooking Light. (I’m still grinning!). This was really easy to make and super quick. The recipe is called Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken and it is in the November 2009 issue of Cooking Light. You can also find the recipe by CLICKING HERE. Maybe you will be inspired to get “on a roll” too!

1. Donna-FFW November 11, 2009 at 12:10 pm - Reply

Isnt the gym wonderful? Such a catharsis.. and it lets one eat more and more, main reason I do it.

That sandwich sounds delicious, I actually have it dogeared in my issue. Great minds:)

Headed over to your friends blog.

2. Miranda November 11, 2009 at 12:18 pm - Reply

I saw this. It it as good as it looked?!
    I made the spinach pie. It was fantastic.

3. maamaajoan November 11, 2009 at 12:52 pm - Reply

I had seen this recipe in Cooking Light, thanks for the review!

By the way, your photography is absolutely amazing!

4. Leslie November 11, 2009 at 1:13 pm - Reply

yummy little sandwich! FInger lickin good!

5. Christy November 11, 2009 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Lovin' the looks of that sandwich! Mmmm! I'm off to visit your friends blog to wish her congrats!

6. Jo November 11, 2009 at 2:03 pm - Reply

oh yum! this looks amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Jamie November 11, 2009 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Shelby,
    I have this recipe already flagged to try. I'll have to bump it up on my weekly menu plan (I plan weekly meals before going grocery shopping and it's a huge help). It looks great!

Can you send some "gym" inspiration my way? I REALLY don't like to exercise but at my age, I REALLY need to!

8. Amanda November 11, 2009 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Looks delicious! Congrats to your friend, that's fabulous ๐Ÿ™‚

9. jessiev November 11, 2009 at 3:03 pm - Reply

yum! doug sent me here – glad he did. this looks fantastic!

10. Ingrid November 11, 2009 at 3:19 pm - Reply

Congrats to your friend! I checked out her blog and the newpaper article! Amazing that she didn't even try the recipe before she submitted it.

Your sammy looks good. I tried a pulled chicken recipe and was disappointed. I'm gonna have to try yours out!

I'm gonna be a huge "roll" if I don't get my butt to the gym! ๐Ÿ™
    ~ingrid

11. Jessie November 11, 2009 at 3:26 pm - Reply

I love your enthusiasm to get to the gym! I am the same way! ๐Ÿ™‚

that sandwich looks so good that I think I'm going to make that this weekend since I have some chicken in the freezer.

12. Susie November 11, 2009 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Thanks for the shout-out HoneyB! Menu-planning saves me so much grief, fulfills my need to try new recipes, and makes it easier to eat healthy.

Also, the complete 100 finalists recipes will be available at http://www.bakeoff.com sometime in January. Check it out then and put our recipes on your menu plan!

13. teresa November 11, 2009 at 5:19 pm - Reply

i saw this in the mag and knew i had to have it! it looks wonderful!

14. Bridgett November 11, 2009 at 6:18 pm - Reply

This sandwich looks perfect for anytime. Mind sending me one? Or two?

15. the ungourmet November 11, 2009 at 6:19 pm - Reply

Cool! I've been making pulled pork lately but I would love to try pulled chicken. Yum! I'm off to Susie's and to check out the chicken recipe! ๐Ÿ˜€

16. pigpigscorner November 11, 2009 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Love pulled pork!have never tried with chicken though, looks really good!

17. Katy ~ November 11, 2009 at 11:30 pm - Reply

Your sandwich looks restaurant worthy. Wow, does it look GOOD!!!

18. Katerina November 12, 2009 at 1:23 am - Reply

This looks so good, I may make it for dinner!

19. Carrian November 12, 2009 at 1:57 am - Reply

Looks so yummy!!!! I will for sure bookmark it!

20. Laura November 12, 2009 at 1:58 am - Reply

That actually looks decadent.

21. Patsyk November 12, 2009 at 2:48 am - Reply

Oh, that sandwich looks incredible! I'd love to have one now! ๐Ÿ™‚

22. The Duo Dishes November 12, 2009 at 7:50 am - Reply

Cooking Light recipes never look light. That's the best part. There's molasses in the cabinet. Perfect!

23. Aggie November 12, 2009 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Oh I could eat this for breakfast right now! ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Helene November 13, 2009 at 5:03 am - Reply

This looks so yum. I can't wait to have my November issue of CL.

25. Donalyn November 13, 2009 at 11:46 pm - Reply

Congrats on getting back to the gym & this looks so good!

26. Pamela November 16, 2009 at 1:37 pm - Reply

The sandwich looks great. I tried this one and it was very good.

27. gail November 28, 2009 at 1:02 am - Reply

Like the new look!!! mmmm and I need one of those sandwiches… wait, a few more than just ONE!