Creamy Shrimp and Bacon Linguini

I’m excited I had the opportunity to participate in Presto Pasta Nights this week! The round up will be at The Sweet Kitchen on Friday, Sept. 18!

Creamy Shrimp and Bacon Linguini

I love pasta dishes and I love shrimp. Put the two together with a cheesy creamy sauce, toss some green in and top with some crispy bacon – and you have an amazing dish!

The last few nights we haven’t had a real meal in the house. Grumpy is busy with studying and I’m busy being tired. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yesterday, just before I was ready to leave my office I received a phone call from Grumpy. He wanted to know what was for dinner – he was hungry. I guess you would be too if you hadn’t been fed for 2 days. lol. Hmm, hope he doesn’t read this. I’ll have to hear “your slackin” again!

Creamy Shrimp and Bacon Linguini

The recipe is called Creamy Fettuccine with Shrimp and Bacon. I used linguine since I didn’t have fettuccine….still, tasted awesome. The recipe is from Cooking Light. CLICK HERE for the recipe.

1. Mags September 17, 2009 at 5:08 am - Reply

You have such a gift with bringing out the lovely in food. Looks delicious Shelby… and such wonderful photos.

2. Coleen's Recipes September 17, 2009 at 6:05 am - Reply

Oh my goodness, where do I start? First of all, I ADORE your new banner…couldn't be ANY cuter, and secondly, the shrimp pasta looks to-die-for. I can't wait to try it!!!I love your "new look".

3. Katy ~ September 17, 2009 at 8:56 am - Reply

Shelby, you are a star! OM Goodness you got it going on in this!

4. Patsyk September 17, 2009 at 12:09 pm - Reply

Oh, that dish looks absolutely mouth-watering! I'm going to have to give it a try since it's another rave review for CL! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Ruth Daniels September 17, 2009 at 1:01 pm - Reply

this looks so good, I'm going to have it even before Presto Pasta Night's roundup tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you come back & play often.

6. The Hungry Mouse September 17, 2009 at 3:10 pm - Reply

We'll be over for dinner at 7! This looks amazing!!

+Jessie

7. Susie September 17, 2009 at 3:22 pm - Reply

You and shrimp and pasta! You tantalize me continually!

8. Ingrid September 17, 2009 at 3:50 pm - Reply

Your photos are fantastic! Did you do something different or am I blinded by my love of shrimp? ๐Ÿ™‚
    ~ingrid

9. cindy September 17, 2009 at 3:55 pm - Reply

Hubby just returned from a week fishing in Alaska. He brought home smelly laundry and a cooler full of fresh salmon, halibut and shrimp! This shrimp dish looks delicious. Thanks!

10. "E" Street September 17, 2009 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Even though we do not eat shrimp – this looks delicious and am thinking that I will make this sometime this weekend….. maybe with more bacon (oh yeah!!!!!!!).

Thanks for sharing…. my mouth is watering!

11. Josie September 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm - Reply

It is shocking that this dish could be considered light! It looks so incredibly rich.

12. Jessie September 17, 2009 at 4:45 pm - Reply

such a beautiful dish, I love how elegant it is. I recently went to a potluck and someone made a spicy pasta with shrimp and I was in love! So I know this dish is delish ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Bob September 17, 2009 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Looks great! I'm down with almost anything with cream sauce and bacon. ๐Ÿ˜€

14. Jamie September 17, 2009 at 7:17 pm - Reply

Shrimp and bacon in a creamy sauce. What more is there to say. Your photos (as usual) are fantastic.

15. Carrian September 17, 2009 at 7:21 pm - Reply

I am always trying to figure out a shrimp dish for the hubby and since I don't like it I have to rely on everyone else to say if it's delicious. I can tell by the picture that this is a good one… plus it has bacon!

16. pigpigscorner September 17, 2009 at 7:27 pm - Reply

This looks so creamy and delicious! Love the bacon!

17. Sippity Sup September 17, 2009 at 7:32 pm - Reply

This is a wonderful combination of flavors! The bacon brings it home. GREG

18. Gera @ SweetsFoods September 17, 2009 at 8:06 pm - Reply

Pasta more shrimp with a crispy bacon on top is totally mouth-watering!!!!
    So perfect after my training ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

Gera

19. Bellini Valli September 17, 2009 at 8:20 pm - Reply

Another fantastic Cooking Light recipe Shelby. They are such a good source of exceptional recipes. No wonder they are the #1 magazine.

20. Creative One September 18, 2009 at 1:59 am - Reply

This looks so yummy! Your pictures are just wonderful Shelby.

21. Lisa September 18, 2009 at 3:00 am - Reply

Wow, this is cooking light? Yummy!

22. Sweet Kitchen September 18, 2009 at 9:27 am - Reply

Wow, this one is truly spectacular!

Thanks for your submission to this week's Presto Pasta Night.

23. Donna-FFW September 18, 2009 at 10:47 am - Reply

I cant believe I almost missed this. I am so all over this. LOVE everything in it. Looks delicious!! Adore cooking light.. they always have keepers.

24. Pamela September 18, 2009 at 12:18 pm - Reply

This one is a favorite here at our house. Your pictures are gorgeous and are definitely making me want to make this one again.

25. Kristin September 19, 2009 at 11:15 am - Reply

Coming over from PPN. I'm not a big fan of shrimp- but pasta, bacon & peas- YUM!! YOur pictures are beautiful!

26. gail September 19, 2009 at 5:57 pm - Reply

mmmm! Looks SO creamy!

27. Kevin September 19, 2009 at 7:15 pm - Reply

What a great pasta! You can't go wrong with shrimp, bacon and cream!

28. Joanne September 20, 2009 at 9:11 pm - Reply

Oh boy, I love a good cream sauce in pasta. How delicious!

29. Robin Sue September 23, 2009 at 1:29 am - Reply

Shrimp, bacon and creamy pasta! I am all over this one. Looks so good!

30. JMom October 5, 2009 at 1:39 pm - Reply